• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Critiquing Joey Knight

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Do you honestly think that you ... one man among many on here ... can change the nature of the board?

I don't think it's possible, but if you are up for the challenge, have at it ... :shade:

Who said that is my goal? I am just showing the other side which is just as legitimate. If I feel an opinion is wrong I am going to express it. I think there are quiet a few people who support Joey and are on this board. Be thankful we are are not Cincy...they don't even have a beat writer. Now, if you think some of the columnist in Tampa are dicks in their support about USF, then I am with you.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

6 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Who said that is my goal? I am just showing the other side which is just as legitimate. 

The goal wasn't stated, but it's readily apparent that you're carrying the contrary side of the argument in great amounts, so seems pretty clear to me ... at least on this topic.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

13 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

The goal wasn't stated, but it's readily apparent that you're carrying the contrary side of the argument in great amounts, so seems pretty clear to me ... at least on this topic.  

I don't think a discussion board is ever a place to change people's minds, although I guess it can happen sometimes. I do not agree with "everything" Joey writes and reports on. However, my point is that it is Tampa in general and USF alumni/fans specifically contribute to Joey's reporting on this issue, and if we don't agree with what he is saying we have no one to blame but ourselfs for not getting to the stadium (thus, I think Joey is a bit of a scape goat here for us fans who really care about the program). Again, I hate saying that as I don't live in Florida any longer and can't back up what I am saying with action of my own.

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

31 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Thus, the Tampa Sports Authority (or whatever it is called) is legally required to publish the number. All Joey is doing is reporting on what that number actually is.

At some point I'll try to find where I got this but I distinctly remember (as distinctly as I can remember) from conversations past about it being revealed that long before JK, the actual number wasn't "published" but was available if you contacted the TSA. At some point they said they were getting so many requests that they just started preemptively putting it out in a release. So now JK can use the excuse that he's just reporting something he's given, not that he's digging anything up.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  45
  • Days Won:  0

55 minutes ago, Triple B said:

At some point I'll try to find where I got this but I distinctly remember (as distinctly as I can remember) from conversations past about it being revealed that long before JK, the actual number wasn't "published" but was available if you contacted the TSA. At some point they said they were getting so many requests that they just started preemptively putting it out in a release. So now JK can use the excuse that he's just reporting something he's given, not that he's digging anything up.

Not questioning you on this but if true that is surprising to me.  I would have thought the exact opposite.  Curious who the people are that would proactively reach out to get this number other than those directly involved with the logistics of the arrangement.  I have seen JK tweet that he's "just reporting facts" but guess I underestimate how many people are interested in that particular fact.  To New England Bull's point, if we can just fill the dang stadium it becomes a nonissue.  Until then, JK will continue to annoy me each week. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

USF also releases a number, and Joey could just as easily use that number, like everybody else does.

Why use one easily obtained number over another?

It's JK's own choice to use the TSA number, and deserves to be ridiculed for it.

15 minutes ago, cdub3511 said:

Not questioning you on this but if true that is surprising to me.  I would have thought the exact opposite.  Curious who the people are that would proactively reach out to get this number other than those directly involved with the logistics of the arrangement.  I have seen JK tweet that he's "just reporting facts" but guess I underestimate how many people are interested in that particular fact.  To New England Bull's point, if we can just fill the dang stadium it becomes a nonissue.  Until then, JK will continue to annoy me each week. 

Going to try and find where I read it on here just to make sure I'm not just pulling this out of the air ... and the people requesting would have been the media

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Just curious.

I don't know if the NFL has a policy on reporting attendance, or whether it is up to the individual teams.

Do the BUCS report actual game attendance or tickets distributed?

If they report tickets distributed, does Greg Auman, the current Bucs beat writer, then tweet out their actual attendance for each game?

2 minutes ago, charsibb said:

USF also releases a number, and Joey could just as easily use that number, like everybody else does.

Why use one easily obtained number over another?

It's JK's own choice to use the TSA number, and deserves to be ridiculed for it.

He absolutely does .... but just pointing out that this wasn't started by him but you're right, he does has the power to not continue it, but he chooses not to.

3 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

Just curious.

I don't know if the NFL has a policy on reporting attendance, or whether it is up to the individual teams.

Do the BUCS report actual game attendance or tickets distributed?

If they report tickets distributed, does Greg Auman, the current Bucs beat writer, then tweet out their actual attendance for each game?

Have seen both numbers for the Bucs in the newspaper but no idea if they're both conveyed through any other means to the masses ...