• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Critiquing Joey Knight

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  45
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

I agree.

But, for the first time he admittedly is starting to feel the HEAT:

Joey Knight Retweeted Anthony Sr

Wouldn't say I "freak out," but yes, it wears on me from time to time. Actual fan turnout's a huge deal here. Not concerned w/rest of nation

Joey Knight added,

Anthony Sr @tampatony32
Replying to @jasonb56 @TBTimes_Bulls
There is no one else in the nation the reports actual ticket numbers.. that's why Joey freaks out everytime someone asks him about it

I admittedly don't follow JK that closely so the answer might be obvious to others but I'm curious why he thinks "actual fan turnout" is a huge deal here?  Is there a demand for that number that I'm not aware of?  Clearly the folks on TBP would prefer it never be mentioned but he obviously thinks (or knows) that someone has an interest.  What's that about?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 minutes ago, cdub3511 said:

I admittedly don't follow JK that closely so the answer might be obvious to others but I'm curious why he thinks "actual fan turnout" is a huge deal here?  Is there a demand for that number that I'm not aware of?  Clearly the folks on TBP would prefer it never be mentioned but he obviously thinks (or knows) that someone has an interest.  What's that about?

He's a modern day Woodward AND Bernstein.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

Fennelly and Jones are assclown columnists whose job it is too tweak people. That's not supposed to be part of a beat writer's job description ...

Correct, Joey is a saint compared to those yahoos... 

39 minutes ago, cdub3511 said:

It’s a big deal as it is an actual reflection of USF’s popularity. I suspect if conference realignment happens it will be a question. Is it fair considering other schools don’t have actual? No, but blame that on Tampa govt. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:
1 hour ago, cdub3511 said:

It’s a big deal as it is an actual reflection of USF’s popularity. I suspect if conference realignment happens it will be a question. Is it fair considering other schools don’t have actual? No, but blame that on Tampa govt

Methinks we have an answer.

Joey is reporting to the local gummit officials for their nefarious conspiracy.

1 minute ago, charsibb said:

Man on the grassy knoll...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,557
  • Days Won:  423

50 minutes ago, charsibb said:

The local gummit officials have the number. That's where Woodstein gets it ...

And I thinks it's bs that he still feels compelled to go with it but he's only continuing a policy that's been in place ..... even to the point that a Bulls "fan" site made a huge deal about it several years ago

Edited by Triple B

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

43 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

The main problem I have with JK is that he doesn't want to claim any responsibility for putting out actual attendance number for USF, when he KNOWS that by doing so he helps to perpetuate a false comparison to what is being reported as attendance by other schools.

Also, he leads people, intentionally or unintentionally, into believing that USF is the ONLY school cooking up their attendance numbers, because he doesn't acknowledge that other schools count their attendance the SAME way.

JK should balance what he can do and what he should do, when it comes to reporting actual attendance.

If he feels compelled to continue to report actual attendance then he should at the SAME time mention that no other schools report actual attendance and that USF is not doing anything out of the ordinary.

This is the problem. Never has the tickets sold/distributed figures likely matched the actual attendance in sports recent history.  When every other school is getting a ticket distribution numbers reported and we're getting hit for 5000 no-shows, it's a bad visual that doesn't reflect reality