• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Meanwhile in Oregon

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

This is a fun read. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/08/sports/ncaafootball/ncaa-coaches-salary.html

USF is fine, which is the most important part out of all of this.

As for Leavitt, whatever made him go to Oregon, I'm no longer his fan -until he leaves there.

As for the Ducks, I hope they don't win another game this year! It brings me pleasure to see them lose each game. hee hee.

Did you know? Did you know that you can't pump your own gas out in Oregon? Some kind of state law.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  636
  • Days Won:  0

I dunno guys...

I'm not saying I'm an Oregon fan, but I do wish them well and hope they succeed. 

I enjoy watching their games and the broadcasters talk a bit about USF.

I mean, the best offense and defensive coaches in USF history are together under one team. I can appreciate that. 

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

CWT let us down when he failed to build the wall around Tampa Bay.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

Also his black balling of Steven Bench was very disappointing. Poor Steven had to turn to a life of crime since he couldn't find honest work as a QB in Tampa 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Sorry, but didn't he lose his starting QB to injury? Do you think CCS would be undefeated right now with Kean?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

I am rooting for his success. He did a great job for USF and I can only imagine him leaving was hard but necessary. Last I checked,  his starting quarterback is injured...

Imagine where we'd be without QF...

With that in mind Oregon is still 4-3 and their starter should at the latest be back in two weeks. I'll happily root for Oregon until we face one another. CJL AND CWT both did great things for this university and no bad blood should linger. 

They'll go bowling this year and ideally we'll see them in a playoff spot a couple years from now. In the battle of the old vs the new. 

Plus his catch phrases are fun. His energy and workman mindset obviously work because we're still riding off of the mentality change over here. He was lighting up the recruiting trail with limited time and he inspired them. 

Look at the numbers and results prior to injury. Some of y'all blow my mind with the level of hate you've harbored for this man. He made a career move, and as much as I don't like it,  both parties are better for it. 

When he succeeds so does USF in a way. We saw his potential and gave him time to work. Usf will forever be a positive part of his legacy. 

Edited by TromBull12
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,804
  • Days Won:  0

CWTs starting QB is out so the cupboard was bare.  Not his fault. He was doing pretty well before this.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Took over a bad team and immediately lost his starting QB.

he'll be fine.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,550
  • Days Won:  28

9 hours ago, JTrue said:

I honestly couldn't care less if they do. I'd love to see the defense keep chugging along and CJL get another shot as a head coach to close out his career. CWT is dead to me. I wouldn't shed a single tear if he gets canned in a few years and ends up at WKU again. I don't blame him one bit for chasing the money out West, but I'm not going to get upset if Oregon fires him and he has to start over again from the bottom of the coaching world. 

All this bitterness 4 what? He left USF a ranked team and a full cupboard of athletes behind that we are still having success with,.....yea he is such a bad guy. Yet u praise the coach who assaulted a player and left behind a team that underacheived for years.I will never understand the dislike of Taggart.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  2,335
  • Content Count:  21,334
  • Days Won:  10

First year, he will be fine.  He has to rebuild.