• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Meanwhile in Oregon

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,698
  • Days Won:  108

16 hours ago, Orlando Bull said:

Comparing Leavitt to CWT is like comparing Skippy at ECU to Skippy here... totally different levels and not worth comparing

Point 1 - CWT left it better than he found it... is 5 straight bowl appearances not better than a 0-0 all time record?

Point 2 - Kean could have this team undefeated this year... Question... Which year that CJL coached could Kean have had the team undefeated? My God, does everyone not see how far we have fallen? Do I think USF deserves a top-15 ranking and could play with just about anyone in the Country? Hell yes! ONLY because of QF though. You take him out of the mix and give us a 6-0 record and I still wouldn't have confidence against anyone in the rankings. Defense looks better, but, what happens if we go back to the bottom of the pack in time of possession? Can they stand up to the pounding?

Point 3 - Better players... I don't care what any one says... I take this group of receivers over the guys we have today. Love McCants, Salomon looks good, MVS is good, but... Taurus Johnson, Jessie Hester, D Bogan, Amarri Jackson, M Edwards, AJ Love, Carlton Mitchell? Not a better group than we have now? I like our current TEs probably better than any group under CJL. Defense... N Allen, Jenks, Williams, Young/Gachette in the backfield, Momprimeir, Tyrone McKenzie, Moffitt at LB, and Selvie, McClain, Buie, Harris on the DL... people who think this is our best team ever do not realize the talent on the field from basically 2007-2009. It was borderline ridiculous. The peak was 2007 with Jenks and Trea holding it down at CB. That was the biggest loss through the end of the Leavitt era as their replacements were a big drop off.

Just catching up on the 'pen and just have a couple of questions on this post.  Are you saying that Leavitt faced tougher competition or Taggart?  

Is the Kean thing serious?  You say that you are confident only because of Flowers but still assume we'd be undefeated? 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

21 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Just catching up on the 'pen and just have a couple of questions on this post.  Are you saying that Leavitt faced tougher competition or Taggart?  

Is the Kean thing serious?  You say that you are confident only because of Flowers but still assume we'd be undefeated? 

My assertion is that Leavitt faced tougher competition and thus, his record in his best years wasn't what Taggart's was last year.

Someone said that we would likely still be undefeated with Kean this year... I agree due to our competition, but, I don't think that I would feel good about our ranking even being undefeated with Kean at the helm. Who knows, we haven't seen enough of him to really judge that, but, I think QF can take a game over and keep us in even against stiffer competition. So, if we were playing, say, Oklahoma, ranked a few spots ahead of us in the polls, could our defense hold Baker Mayfield down enough for Kean to win that game, or, do you think that would almost surely be a loss? As of now, I think we lose with Kean, but with Flowers, we have a legit shot of winning. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,698
  • Days Won:  108

12 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

My assertion is that Leavitt faced tougher competition and thus, his record in his best years wasn't what Taggart's was last year.

Someone said that we would likely still be undefeated with Kean this year... I agree due to our competition, but, I don't think that I would feel good about our ranking even being undefeated with Kean at the helm. Who knows, we haven't seen enough of him to really judge that, but, I think QF can take a game over and keep us in even against stiffer competition. So, if we were playing, say, Oklahoma, ranked a few spots ahead of us in the polls, could our defense hold Baker Mayfield down enough for Kean to win that game, or, do you think that would almost surely be a loss? As of now, I think we lose with Kean, but with Flowers, we have a legit shot of winning. 

Thanks. Wasn't sure which way you were going with the first one in particular.  Absolutely agree with you BTW.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

nm

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

On 10/18/2017 at 7:40 AM, smazza said:

who cares about taggert or leavit