• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Meanwhile in Oregon

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

Yikes.   P5 growing pains for CWT.  Let's see if he and CJL can right the ship.  

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, KB said:

Yikes.   P5 growing pains for CWT.  Let's see if he and CJL can right the ship.  

He got off to slow starts here and at WKU. Give him a couple years.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  809

10 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

He got off to slow starts here and at WKU. Give him a couple years.

The leash at Oregon will be a lot shorter than the one he had here. They won't tolerate any Mcneese States there. He could get canned at the end of next season if they fail to make a bowl two years running. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

We may be seeing the Peter Principle here. I'm not sure there are many teams he will be able to out-talent and out-athlete. He's gonna have to show some real coaching chops.

Edited by George_Bullnard_Shaw
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  482

40 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I honestly couldn't care less if they do. I'd love to see the defense keep chugging along and CJL get another shot as a head coach to close out his career. CWT is dead to me. I wouldn't shed a single tear if he gets canned in a few years and ends up at WKU again. I don't blame him one bit for chasing the money out West, but I'm not going to get upset if Oregon fires him and he has to start over again from the bottom of the coaching world. 

Daaaaaangg this had some heat lol. I like it!

27 minutes ago, tau.reanb said:

The leash at Oregon will be a lot shorter than the one he had here. They won't tolerate any Mcneese States there. He could get canned at the end of next season if they fail to make a bowl two years running. 

He might be in over his head, but if they know his history, they might give him that third year to see what he can do. Just saying, I wouldn't make too much of a rocky start at his new gig. He has a history of turning programs around. May or may not happen at Oregon, but time will tell. Will be interesting to see how he does with recruiting there. 

59 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I honestly couldn't care less if they do. I'd love to see the defense keep chugging along and CJL get another shot as a head coach to close out his career. CWT is dead to me. I wouldn't shed a single tear if he gets canned in a few years and ends up at WKU again. I don't blame him one bit for chasing the money out West, but I'm not going to get upset if Oregon fires him and he has to start over again from the bottom of the coaching world. 

Raymond Woodie will almost certainly be available to be his DC again.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

He is a salesman with cute phrases and promises. If he does not deliver it will be a three year gig.