• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Meanwhile in Oregon

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

the only difference is Taggart left USF a much better team then CJL did

Agree with most of your stuff on this but not sure I can sign off on that ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

5 hours ago, The Great 8 said:

Sorry, but didn't he lose his starting QB to injury? Do you think CCS would be undefeated right now with Kean?

Well Keane would hand off to Tice/DJ 8 times in a row up the middle too, so yes.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,571
  • Days Won:  28

45 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Agree with most of your stuff on this but not sure I can sign off on that ...

The record speaks for itself. We have  waaaay more depth then we ever had. Top 10 in defense and offense and maybe 4 loses in our last 30+ games. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, TromBull12 said:

I think this falls along the lines of your first love. They always get the boost of being the first. May not be great for you or even good to you, but that initial rush of new love always gets associated with them. 

2nd, 3rd, 4th love not so much. Even if they were getting closer to your ideal mate, they'll never compare to the first. Same goes for CWT... through no fault of his own,  he can never live up to the legend of Jim Levitt. Correct. It is not his fault he wasn't the first, but he also doesn't get some imaginary curved scale for not being first, either.

He doesn't get the trailer story or the Big East upsets. He doesn't get the love for changing the losing mentality here or getting us back in the national spotlight simply because we didn't haphazardly rise to number 2 in the nation under his watch. He gets the exact amount of love he deserves for that from me. He turned a bad P5 team into a decent P5 team and then into an excellent P5 team. He did not turn no football team into a very good football team. 

CWT didn't get to build here with the hopes of playing for a national championship like CJL did. That was a real shot back then. Shoot we were in a smaller conference with seasoned names and couldn't win. But the fact that we were on the same stage as them gives CJL a boost. Correct. CWT does not get penalized for having won absolutely nothing at a lower level. And I don't give CJL credit for not winning anything at a time when he could have won something.

You love CJL for a lot of reasons that don't really have much to do with him, and you don't honor CWT nearly as much as you should for the same thing. He'll never be the first and the college atmosphere has changed dramatically since the Leavitt days. I like CJL for building USF football. I like CWT for winning 11 games one year and leaving QF behind for CCS.

Bar some miracle or change in conference... We can't play for a national championship. We aren't playing the storied programs on a regular basis/ at all because we don't get the invite. And with that in mind I don't believe the 10+ year coach exists anymore for us. Bummer. But that's neither CJT's fault or CWT's. One doesn't get unfair praise for being here for a decade, he was actually here for a decade. CWT was here less than some players.

So no one is going to live up to your elevated memories of the past. CJL  was your first,  but nothing he did is worth more than what CWT did for this program. We'll have to agree to disagree on CJL's impact on the program and CWT's.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

Meh,

CWT - No conference titles, no BCS level bowl wins.

CJL - No conference titles, no BCS level bowl wins.

CCS will become the greatest USF coach of all time once we win the conference and Peach Bowl!  :)

1 hour ago, SANJAY said:

Well Keane would hand off to Tice/DJ 8 times in a row up the middle too, so yes.

It's well known that i'm a big Kean fan and think he may do ever better than QF and shall do it with his arm. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

5 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

It's well known that i'm a big Kean fan and think he may do ever better than QF and shall do it with his arm. 

It'll have to be with his arm ... sadly, it probably will be a long time before any qb touches his running.

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

It'll have to be with his arm ... sadly, it probably will be a long time before any qb touches his running.

LOL everybody is saying how none of the quarterbacks will be able to run like QF....hell not too many starting QBs in this game period can run like QF lol Truth be told, I don't want my quarterbackrunning that much unless we have no other options. 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, The Great 8 said:

Sorry, but didn't he lose his starting QB to injury? Do you think CCS would be undefeated right now with Kean?

Against the teams we played, why not? We were more talented across the board against every team we played. Unless Kean is a total screw-up, we probably would be undefeated.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, ArmyBull said:

Meh,

CWT - No conference titles, no BCS level bowl wins.

CJL - No conference titles, no BCS level bowl wins.

CCS will become the greatest USF coach of all time once we win the conference and Peach Bowl!  :)

This! Show me conference championships...it is our biggest omission by far.