• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Meanwhile in Oregon

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

5 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

But why admiration for CJL and not Taggart when Taggart had more success? And that post did sound bitter. 

My guess for those that think that sound bitter is that Taggart was the jiltor where CJL was the jiltee ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,571
  • Days Won:  28

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

My guess for those that think that sound bitter is that Taggart was the jiltor where CJL was the jiltee ...

Smh, but Taggart left the team in waaay better shape than CJL, but it is what it is. And I mean **** pardon the man for wanting to take on probably the biggest college football opportunity he may get lol 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I can't really be the only person who thinks what CJL did from 1997-2009 is more impressive than what CWT did from 2013-2016.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

12 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

But why admiration for CJL and not Taggart when Taggart had more success? And that post did sound bitter. 

I think CWT did a wonderful job here. And I think CCS is doing a wonderful job as well. But I have canned goods that have been in my cabinet longer than CWT was here and I'm not going to get all teary eyed over CCS leaving when he does either. Now if CCS puts in a decade here, I'll rethink my position.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

11 minutes ago, Triple B said:

7 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I can't really be the only person who thinks what CJL did from 1997-2009 is more impressive than what CWT did from 2013-2016.

First, I didn't think you sounded that bitter. They both did impressive work, IMO, but there are still some that refuse to give CWT any credit at all ...

8 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I'm not knocking what CJL did, but lets be real,  he never won a Big east title, every time we were ranked we lost right after, and we ended every season losing like 3-4 in a row. 8-5 was our ceiling during the Levitt years. 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

10 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I'm not knocking what CJL did, but lets be real,  he never won a Big east title, every time we were ranked we lost right after, and we ended every season losing like 3-4 in a row. 8-5 was our ceiling during the Levitt years. 

Not sure Taggart won one either.  I fall on the side of hoping CJL does well there and gets the gig.  Not happy that Taggart left and took his assistant Julie with him.  She's a good kid and we miss her.

2 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Not sure Taggart won one either.  I fall on the side of hoping CJL does well there and gets the gig.  Not happy that Taggart left and took his assistant Julie with him.  She's a good kid and we miss her.

It's safe to say they BOTH had success, the only difference is Taggart left USF a much better team then CJL did yet does not get the love for his 4 years at this school. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

I think this falls along the lines of your first love. They always get the boost of being the first. May not be great for you or even good to you, but that initial rush of new love always gets associated with them. 

2nd, 3rd, 4th love not so much. Even if they were getting closer to your ideal mate, they'll never compare to the first. Same goes for CWT... through no fault of his own,  he can never live up to the legend of Jim Leavitt. 

He doesn't get the trailer story or the Big East upsets. He doesn't get the love for changing the losing mentality here or getting us back in the national spotlight simply because we didn't haphazardly rise to number 2 in the nation under his watch. 

CWT didn't get to build here with the hopes of playing for a national championship like CJL did. That was a real shot back then. Shoot we were in a smaller conference with seasoned names and couldn't win. But the fact that we were on the same stage as them gives CJL a boost. 

You love CJL for a lot of reasons that don't really have much to do with him, and you don't honor CWT nearly as much as you should for the same thing. He'll never be the first and the college atmosphere has changed dramatically since the Leavitt days. 

Bar some miracle or change in conference... We can't play for a national championship. We aren't playing the storied programs on a regular basis/ at all because we don't get the invite. And with that in mind I don't believe the 10+ year coach exists anymore for us. 

So no one is going to live up to your elevated memories of the past. CJL  was your first,  but nothing he did is worth more than what CWT did for this program. 

21 minutes ago, TromBull12 said:

I think this falls along the lines of your first love. They always get the boost of being the first. May not be great for you or even good to you, but that initial rush of new love always gets associated with them. 

2nd, 3rd, 4th love not so much. Even if they were getting closer to your ideal mate, they'll never compare to the first. Same goes for CWT... through no fault of his own,  he can never live up to the legend of Jim Leavitt. 

He doesn't get the trailer story or the Big East upsets. He doesn't get the love for changing the losing mentality here or getting us back in the national spotlight simply because we didn't haphazardly rise to number 2 in the nation under his watch. 

CWT didn't get to build here with the hopes of playing for a national championship like CJL did. That was a real shot back then. Shoot we were in a smaller conference with seasoned names and couldn't win. But the fact that we were on the same stage as them gives CJL a boost. 

You love CJL for a lot of reasons that don't really have much to do with him, and you don't honor CWT nearly as much as you should for the same thing. He'll never be the first and the college atmosphere has changed dramatically since the Leavitt days. 

Bar some miracle or change in conference... We can't play for a national championship. We aren't playing the storied programs on a regular basis/ at all because we don't get the invite. And with that in mind I don't believe the 10+ year coach exists anymore for us. 

So no one is going to live up to your elevated memories of the past. CJL  was your first,  but nothing he did is worth more than what CWT did for this program. 

Well put. 

• Upvote 1