• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Meanwhile in Oregon

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

16 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

If all the parties involved agreed to let him coach our bowl  game then there would not have been a problem.

I just don't know if that was even discussed.

I'll have to remember to ask Harlan about that, if I get the chance. LOL

Haha..I am sure he would love that question

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Haha..I am sure he would love that question

Frankly, I think he is sick of my questions, at this point. LOL

Just now, Mama_Bull said:

Frankly, I think he is sick of my questions, at this point. LOL

I KNOW he is sick of mine LOL 

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I KNOW he is sick of mine LOL 

He is NOT LRS.

HE never got sick of my questions.

7 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

He is NOT LRS.

HE never got sick of my questions.

He is not even going in the same orbit as LRS. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,730
  • Days Won:  425

2 hours ago, Mama_Bull said:

He did not coach in our bowl game, which I felt was unfair to the 2016 team. 

The other was that he recruited to Oregon players who had already given a verbal to USF.

2 hours ago, JTrue said:

Yeah...those two things are a little classless.

(Cue person who points out "everyone" does it. Followed by guy who shows all the coaches who don't)

Pretty much "everyone" does do the first thing. The second would be considered classless, especially if he initiated the contact ...

10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Pretty much "everyone" does do the first thing. The second would be considered classless, especially if he initiated the contact ...

I'm not so sure about that.

I wonder how many coaches have reached deals with other schools but kept it under wraps until they coached their current school in their bowl game.

I bet that has happened and we never knew about it.

If I was HC, I would think I owe it to my team to coach them in the bowl game, before I announced my intention to leave.

Edited by Mama_Bull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,571
  • Days Won:  28

9 hours ago, JTrue said:

You posted this or a similar comment on pretty much every page in this thread. I can't speak for everyone, but I think it really just comes down to not caring. I don't hate him. I don't hold him in contempt. It is really just complete apathy. CWT was here for 4 years. 2 of those were dogshit. 1 of those was average. 1 of those was excellent. I'm appreciative of the recruits he left behind and the one good year, but I'm a USF fan. I watch USF. I'm not staying up late to watch Oregon get ***** slapped by Stanford. It is absolutely not because I harbor any ill will toward CWT. I just don't care. He's not my coach. He's not USF's coach. He didn't create a culture here from nothing, a la Boise State. He didn't install a system synonymous with the program, the Triple Option at Nebraska. He was just a coach passing through. It is what it is. He gave us some good years, then left us willingly. Quit fishing for comments on your question. No one on here hates CWT. No one rational on here is angry at him. The guy took a ******** of cash to go to Oregon. We'd all have done it. Does it make us chuckle after all the things he said about USF and being home, etc.? Absolutely. But we all knew he was full of **** when he was originally saying it. It was fun because he was our guy, but that's about it. Ditto for "Bay Made" and "Do Something" and "The Bus," etc. Again, NONE OF THIS IS BITTER. NONE OF THIS IS ANGER. NONE OF THIS IS CONTEMPT. He's gone. Appreciate the good times and let it go. I can respect the effort, like him, respect him as a coach, love what he did for USF, give him his proper due, and still not give a single **** what Oregon does.

I NEVER said anybody should care what he does at Oregon or about Oregon's well being. Buuut there have been 2 Oregon posts on this board so far and BOTH were posts going over his lossess. When Oregon was winning not a single post. All I said was the contempt 4 him is unwarranted. Also, the "still not give a single **** what Oregon does" is a fetitious statement that bears a little ill will due to the fact I never said anybody should care about Oregon. Plus all the "I dont care 4 Taggart, but love CJL" comments, but it is what it is. We are ranked and have good players now. Im simply "grateful".

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

who cares about taggert or leavit

yesterday's news

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

15 hours ago, Triple B said:

So with borderline ridiculous talent, we go 9-12 in conference and no higher than 3rd ......... in a borderline BCS conference. I'm not saying that this current team has more talent, because it doesn't appear to at this point ....  just saying if you're trying to defend CJL as a coach, you may want lose Point 3.

We differ on the BE at that time being "borderline"...

Auburn was ranked when we beat them

WVU was No. 5

UCF (OOC had a 2k yard rusher and only lost 3 games that year)

Louisville started the season as high as No. 8

Rutgers was ranked as high as 13

UConn was ranked as high as 16

Cincy was ranked as high as 17

12 games that year and 6 were against teams ranked at some point in the season, 1 C-USA champion with an elite college RB. Put CWT up against those odds, week in and week out, and lets see the results. Counting W's isn't the only thing that can be used to judge a coach. Beating up on baby elephants doesn't mean you can assume that you can beat full grown Crimson Tide Elephants.

• Upvote 1