• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So about QF...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,115
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

The disconnect was that you didn't link to that thread and an example of a normal person's hint about QF originally .... Doubt you would have had any blowback if you had.

On 10/1/2017 at 10:51 AM, JTrue said:

I spend a fair amount of time on this board and I haven't seen anyone even jokingly hint at looking at the backups in place of QF. 

I am curious as to why I would have to do that since his whole premise was that he was familiar with the contents of the board.    

Look, there was no "blowback".  It is just a discussion.  We all know there are lurkers on the board ready to pounce next time QF has a truly bad game.  Some people have never warmed up to QF as our QB.  

Thankfully, Flowers have kept them quiet with his play on the field which is what Trumbull was saying.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Since I don't do much work when I'm working, I'll respond. There were over 70 posts in that thread.

Exactly 1 of them mentioned a switch to Kean and did so by saying that the offense as it was through the Temple game where QF went 8-20 for 96 yards was not a good fit for his skill set and then asked rhetorically if anyone thought Kean couldn't come up with the same numbers. He then followed that comment up by stating he was not suggesting we bench QF for Kean. Same poster later made a comment about the play calling and offense being run and wished he could have seen Kean in mop-up duty.

20 other posts were made blaming the state of the offense on Gilbert. The remaining were posts saying we're going to ride or die with QF and that's a good thing.

So, yes. You win. @USFBulls727 once alluded to seeing Kean in mop-up duty and was curious about whether he could also go 8-20 for 96 yards against Temple. Point conceded.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,345
  • Days Won:  5

On 9/30/2017 at 3:47 PM, OcalaBull2 said:

ECU’s offense seems to be getting better weekly. 

Also, my single most hated Q saying is “poor man’s Lamar Jackson.”  He’s not a poor man’s anything.  He’s the real deal. 

Ironically enough announcers referred to Grothe as a poor mans' Tebow. I hated it then and do now too.

Edited by jchem1995

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, MMW said:

We all know there are lurkers on the board ready to pounce next time QF has a truly bad game.  Some people have never warmed up to QF as our QB.

I'm not one of those, however, I'll stick with what I said about QF not being a perfect fit in this new system. In the GCO, I'd take QF over Tom Brady, but I suspect that we have three QBs that could function well in this offense (guessing here based on the little I've seen Kean & Oladakun play), so the drop-off might not be as great as last year if Kean entered the game for whatever reason. I just believe that our WR corps are talented enough to be putting up big numbers, but they are not (yet). But again, not saying Kean should be the guy. Q is 5-0, and that's what really matters. Too many unknowns with Kean. How well he protects the ball being the biggest question mark. Q does that well.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,115

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

So, yes. You win. @USFBulls727 once alluded to seeing Kean in mop-up duty and was curious about whether he could also go 8-20 for 96 yards against Temple. Point conceded.

I am not trying to win anything.  All I said is what is quoted below and chaos ensued.

On 10/1/2017 at 11:29 AM, MMW said:

They most certainly were calling for back ups.  There was a whole thread about it.  It was ridiculed but it still happened.  

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,031
  • Days Won:  38

This thread is funny :iconic_u_black:

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/30/2017 at 3:37 PM, TromBull12 said:

I love his ability to shut his critics up. As soon as the announcers opened their mouths to say he couldn't beat ECU with his arm,  he lit them up. I love his confidence, leadership, and the fact that he's our quarterback. He's a baller!!! Nothing but love here man. 

What's your favorite Q moment from this game?

10-18 for 160 yards. Absolutely astounding numbers for sure, especially against a Steel-Curtain type defense like ECU. If that doesn't get him back into the Heisman conversation, nothing will..

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953

6 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

10-18 for 160 yards. Absolutely astounding numbers for sure, especially against a Steel-Curtain type defense like ECU. If that doesn't get him back into the Heisman conversation, nothing will..

So that's a bad game? We aren't in a pass heavy offense. Was he efficient? Was he influential and did he single handily impact the outcome of the game? Is he the most important/ valuable player on the field?

He did what he was asked to do and he looked darn good doing it. I remember when we had to attempt to win without a leader on the field. Q looked confident and dynamic. That's all I'm really saying. If it was so easy to do, we would look around the country and see many other mobile quarterbacks putting up his career numbers.

I started this thread so we can have some light hearted Q praise. We're quick to fuss when he's off and those same people are even quicker to qualify his good games. 

Competition, or lack there of,  doesn't make anyone successful. If it did, our down years wouldn't have been so down. If anyone could eat up a porous defense,  most in this conference would have 30+ point streaks. They don't, and it's not. Appreciate the man, the myth, and the legend while he's still wearing our school colors. 

Edited by TromBull12

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  3

43 minutes ago, TromBull12 said:

Appreciate the man, the myth, and the legend while he's still wearing our school colors

The man:  Someone who overcame multiple family tragedies and achieved playing a position in college that few schools realized he could play so well.

The myth:  A serious Heisman candidate

The legend:  Greatest quarterback to play for USF

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,699
  • Days Won:  2

34 minutes ago, Boomer said:

The man:  Someone who overcame multiple family tragedies and achieved playing a position in college that few schools realized he could play so well.

The myth:  A serious Heisman candidate

The legend:  Greatest quarterback to play for USF

2 out of 3 are spot on. Heisman talk is just funny now unless you are saying it was a myth. I can't tell.

Edited by mjadams