• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So about QF...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

5 hours ago, TromBull12 said:

2nd quarter 12:18 after the 3rd and 13 miscommunication in the red zone. "Little bit of mission accomplished. You stop the run on a couple of plays, (though granted a couple of times with their cooperation), you get into a 3rd and long and you tell Flowers 'beat us with your arm ' and he couldn't do it. "

It stick out to me originally because that was the drive after a huge completion to #11 (don't want to misspell his name or look it up)  over the middle. In my head I was celebrating because I celebrate Quinton's success for two reasons; I get tired of the criticisms on TBP (some warranted but not starting to suggest Flowers lost it or hinting at looking at the backups) and I love his story having a happier ending so far (his success is our success). 

I spend a fair amount of time on this board and I haven't seen anyone even jokingly hint at looking at the backups in place of QF. Through 5 games: 2 were excellent, 2 were mediocre against mediocre competition, and 1 was far below what we've come to expect from him. He's earned both criticism and praise so far this season, but no one is calling for Kean/Oladokun. And if announcers/fans pointing out that the best way to beat QF is by making him pass offends you, it's going to be a long rest of the season. There's a reason he's Florida's all-time leading rusher and isn't even in the footnotes for passing.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

15 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I spend a fair amount of time on this board and I haven't seen anyone even jokingly hint at looking at the backups in place of QF. Through 5 games: 2 were excellent, 2 were mediocre against mediocre competition, and 1 was far below what we've come to expect from him. He's earned both criticism and praise so far this season, but no one is calling for Kean/Oladokun. And if announcers/fans pointing out that the best way to beat QF is by making him pass offends you, it's going to be a long rest of the season. There's a reason he's Florida's all-time leading rusher and isn't even in the footnotes for passing.

Ditto, it wasn't a direct quote. It was an implication after the temple game. It was the way they started to lean and level of excitement when comparing USF big plays against ECUs.

For comparison,  watching the UCIF game,  the announcers were heaping praise on them. I'm not saying they have to be homers, and criticism is fine, I would simply like equal amounts of enthusiasm all around. 

• Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,016
  • Days Won:  0

Later in the game the announcers stated that this year for QF is a lot like last year. The first five games he didn't do too well just a bit over 50% completions but finished the year with a 62.5% completion rate. They thought that the second half looked like QF was finally getting his rhythm and that his passing would improve like it did last year.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,115

37 minutes ago, JTrue said:

They most certainly were calling for back ups.  There was a whole thread about it.  It was ridiculed but it still happened.  

On 9/21/2017 at 10:44 PM, lotsofbull99 said:

It's time to other options at QB

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,584
  • Days Won:  423

9 hours ago, MMW said:

They most certainly were calling for back ups.  There was a whole thread about it.  It was ridiculed but it still happened.  

On 9/21/2017 at 10:44 PM, lotsofbull99 said:

It's time to consider other options at QB

:facepalm:

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

9 hours ago, MMW said:

I've been busy all day, hence the lack of response, but...

1) ****... did you just try and use @lotsofbull99 to prove your point?

2) You didn't actually read EVERY OTHER post in that thread, did you?

3) I'm now dumber from having had to respond to this.

Edited by JTrue
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,115

16 hours ago, JTrue said:

I've been busy all day, hence the lack of response, but...

1) ****... did you just try and use @lotsofbull99 to prove your point?

2) You didn't actually read EVERY OTHER post in that thread, did you?

3) I'm now dumber from having had to respond to this.

On 9/22/2017 at 1:29 AM, USFBulls727 said:

The offense is just not a great fit for QF, but if the defense keeps playing the way it did tonight, and the run blocking continues to improve, that might be enough to run the table against the pathetic schedule we have. Somebody on this thread suggested exploring other options at QB. Anybody here certain that Kean couldn't have matched QF's numbers tonight? We seem to have quite a bit of talent at WR, but QF was 8 of 20 (23.4 QBR) for 96 yards against a team that was selling out to stop the run. Not saying I think a change should be made, but it's not THAT far-fetched. 

On 10/1/2017 at 10:51 AM, JTrue said:

I spend a fair amount of time on this board and I haven't seen anyone even jokingly hint at looking at the backups in place of QF. 

You said you haven't heard anyone even jokingly hint at looking at backups.  

The title of the thread was Anybody a wee bit concerned about Flowers?  There are at least two examples on that thread.  One was possibly a joke but who knows with @lotsofbull99 besides you said even jokingly.

I am not trying to be pedantic but I would consider these examples of hints and jokes.  

On 10/1/2017 at 4:49 AM, TromBull12 said:

In my head I was celebrating because I celebrate Quinton's success for two reasons; I get tired of the criticisms on TBP (some warranted but not starting to suggest Flowers lost it or hinting at looking at the backups) and I love his story having a happier ending so far (his success is our success). 

The fact that there was a thread where we ridiculed it highlights Trombull's point.  I agreed that I saw the same thing.  

I am not sure what the disconnect is here.

Edited by MMW
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,584
  • Days Won:  423

18 minutes ago, MMW said:

I am not sure what the disconnect is here.

The disconnect was that you didn't link to that thread and an example of a normal person's hint about QF originally .... Doubt you would have had any blowback if you had.

Edited by Triple B

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Aka Boss.