• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So about QF...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

What's the record?

Navy's Keenan Reynolds 4,559 yards

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Navy's Keenan Reynolds 4,559 yards

Okay, that's safe lol

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Favorite QF moment was the TD to MVS in the back of the end zone.  That was a big time throw and catch.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,573
  • Days Won:  423

8 hours ago, TromBull12 said:

I love his ability to shut his critics up. As soon as the announcers opened their mouths to say he couldn't beat ECU with his arm,  he lit them up.

I don't recall the announcers ever saying he couldn't beat ECU with his arm. They were saying that Montgomery, like almost every other coach we've faced, said that they wanted to try and make Q beat them with his arm ..... but they acknowledged that at that point in the game, he was still doing it with his legs.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

I don't recall the announcers ever saying he couldn't beat ECU with his arm. They were saying that Montgomery, like almost every other coach we've faced, said that they wanted to try and make Q beat them with his arm ..... but they acknowledged that at that point in the game, he was still doing it with his legs.

I'll have to happily re-watch the game. But there was a stalled drive late in the first quarter in the red zone where one of the announcers said, "ECU forced him to beat them with his arm and he can't/ couldn't do it." Roughly. I remember because it bugged me. I'll find it though. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

2nd quarter 12:18 after the 3rd and 13 miscommunication in the red zone. "Little bit of mission accomplished. You stop the run on a couple of plays, (though granted a couple of times with their cooperation), you get into a 3rd and long and you tell Flowers 'beat us with your arm ' and he couldn't do it. "

It stick out to me originally because that was the drive after a huge completion to #11 (don't want to misspell his name or look it up)  over the middle. In my head I was celebrating because I celebrate Quinton's success for two reasons; I get tired of the criticisms on TBP (some warranted but not starting to suggest Flowers lost it or hinting at looking at the backups) and I love his story having a happier ending so far (his success is our success). 

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,699
  • Days Won:  2

I wouldn't say he "lit them up"

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

4 hours ago, TromBull12 said:

I'll have to happily re-watch the game. But there was a stalled drive late in the first quarter in the red zone where one of the announcers said, "ECU forced him to beat them with his arm and he can't/ couldn't do it." Roughly. I remember because it bugged me. I'll find it though. 

I think this was after the throw in the End zone to Salomon that was actually perfectly placed where only the wr could catch it, ECU just defended it well. Still, a good play by Q, just not a great result. 

Q hit some big passes in the game and made some great throws with zip to tight windows. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Flowers looked more like Illinois Flowers than Temple Flowers.  Let's hope that Illinois Flowers stays the rest of the season.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,573
  • Days Won:  423

5 hours ago, TromBull12 said:

2nd quarter 12:18 after the 3rd and 13 miscommunication in the red zone. "Little bit of mission accomplished. You stop the run on a couple of plays, (though granted a couple of times with their cooperation), you get into a 3rd and long and you tell Flowers 'beat us with your arm ' and he couldn't do it. "

So it was about a specific instance. I thought you meant they were making some sort of blanket statement about Q's passing and didn't think they'd make a comment like that.