• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anybody a wee bit concerned about Flowers?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I think he was way over hyped for this game. I mean he gets a 15 yard penalty for Christ sake! He was talking trash early in the game every time he ran. I bet he comes out against ECU playing much better (and they suck even worse). 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

The offense is just not a great fit for QF, but if the defense keeps playing the way it did tonight, and the run blocking continues to improve, that might be enough to run the table against the pathetic schedule we have. Somebody on this thread suggested exploring other options at QB. Anybody here certain that Kean couldn't have matched QF's numbers tonight? We seem to have quite a bit of talent at WR, but QF was 8 of 20 (23.4 QBR) for 96 yards against a team that was selling out to stop the run. Not saying I think a change should be made, but it's not THAT far-fetched. 

Edited by USFBulls727

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,550
  • Days Won:  423

5 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Not saying I think a change should be made, but it's not THAT far-fetched. 

Yes, it is ....

10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Yes, it is ....

I'm pulling for Q to do well of course, was hoping he would remain in the Heisman conversation, but he is definitely underwhelming at times....tonight for example...throwing the ball. I really wanted to see Kean in the game at around the beginning of the 4th quarter when the game was well in hand, and it was obvious they were going nowhere against our defense. Just curious to see what he looks like with the first team in there...whether or not he's any better of a passer. Wondering what this offense could look like if that receiving corps ever realize their potential. 

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

3 hours ago, Hem said:

He'll be ok, but this offense Sterling is forcing him into is NOT working. 

BINGO!

Hotlz = Sterling

3 hours ago, Hem said:

He'll be ok, but this offense Sterling is forcing him into is NOT working. 

This is the offense that Gilbert has always run....the offense he knows. I realize that this offense is not exactly best suited for Q, but I feel a lot better about the offense than I did after the Stony Brook game. I thought it was going to be like Willie's first year here, where the O Line never really adjusted to the Power Run scheme, but this line is catching on to Gilbert's offense. We had two 100 yard rushers against a team whose goal it was to stop the run. Even with all the sloppiness, penalties, and accuracy issues/drops in the passing game, we are putting a lot of points up, albeit against crap competition. Would like to see bigger numbers from the likes of Antoine, Salomon, MVS, and McCants, but the accuracy issues have to be resolved. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  314
  • Days Won:  0

Some people called for Eveld over Daniels.. never forget.

Q is going through a rough patch no doubt but he is still the most dynamic athlete on the field every game. He flicked 4 TDs last week, he will be back.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

5 hours ago, USF Bulls Football said:

Lesser opponents, fine. At some point, we won't be able to out-athlete a team. Flowers has regressed throwing the ball. Need to find a way to get him going.

I think, at least early, since I’m catching up watching it now, that it’s as much, or more,  a catching issue as throwing. 

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

By the numbers Flowers is a great college QB. The type of offense that Gilbert runs is based on the pass first. Taggart established a run first offense that Flowers excelled in because it limited what he needed to do as a passer. This offense exposes Flowers' deficiencies as a passer which Flowers makes up for with his athleticism.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Flowers has never been very accurate...however, his receivers have always fixed that issue. Not this year.