• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anybody a wee bit concerned about Flowers?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

8 hours ago, Hem said:

He'll be ok, but this offense Sterling is forcing him into is NOT working. 

+1

these plays calls are so predictable.there is no creativity.run between tackles twice then get in 3rd and long situation. Flowers looks frustrated. to go from a wide open offense that attacked on every possession to one that just seems to be o.k. with going 3 and out must be frustrating.

I'm hoping it's just Gilbert being conservative depending on game situation but it asks an awful lot out of an offense to just turn it on when they need to. every offensive possession should have a goal of scoring a TD.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,115
  • Days Won:  6

If you are calling for the back up, I seriously doubt your football judgement.

We had to put up with that for years, people calling for Bench or pining away for Woulard.  This is a bulletin board so it is to be expected but it never fails in being disappointing.

Quinton Flowers is a freak and if you don't know that by now there may be no hope.  As for Kean, I like the kid, but I don't need to "see what he can do".  I have seen it over the years and he is a serviceable back up.  

7 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

He just never got into any rhythm in this game.  We ran the ball a majority of the time.  We need to pass more on first down running on first and second and passing on third is very predictable with this offense, Gilbert needs to keep this offense open like vs Illinois. 

+1

very predictable. lots of 3rd and longs when you run between tackles the first two downs.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

The offense is just not a great fit for QF, but if the defense keeps playing the way it did tonight, and the run blocking continues to improve, that might be enough to run the table against the pathetic schedule we have. Somebody on this thread suggested exploring other options at QB. Anybody here certain that Kean couldn't have matched QF's numbers tonight? We seem to have quite a bit of talent at WR, but QF was 8 of 20 (23.4 QBR) for 96 yards against a team that was selling out to stop the run. Not saying I think a change should be made, but it's not THAT far-fetched. 

they put him in predictable passing downs all night. 3rd and long not where you want to be to set up any QB for success.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

This is the offense that Gilbert has always run....the offense he knows. I realize that this offense is not exactly best suited for Q, but I feel a lot better about the offense than I did after the Stony Brook game. I thought it was going to be like Willie's first year here, where the O Line never really adjusted to the Power Run scheme, but this line is catching on to Gilbert's offense. We had two 100 yard rushers against a team whose goal it was to stop the run. Even with all the sloppiness, penalties, and accuracy issues/drops in the passing game, we are putting a lot of points up, albeit against crap competition. Would like to see bigger numbers from the likes of Antoine, Salomon, MVS, and McCants, but the accuracy issues have to be resolved. 

a good coach will tailor his offense around his players. not try to fit his players into his offense. we put up a lot of points because of our defense and all the turnovers. this offense does not look like it ever gets into a rhythm. it is so predictable.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

6 hours ago, Skeeter131 said:

We won, because the other team played worse then us... 

Uh, that's how these things work and we didn't just win, it was a blowout.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

5 hours ago, Flowers4Heisman said:

BINGO!

Hotlz = Sterling

Clearly you have a skewed memory of the Holtz era

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,115
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, Blackice12 said:

By the numbers Flowers is a great college QB. The type of offense that Gilbert runs is based on the pass first. Taggart established a run first offense that Flowers excelled in because it limited what he needed to do as a passer. This offense exposes Flowers' deficiencies as a passer which Flowers makes up for with his athleticism.

5 hours ago, Flowers4Heisman said:

BINGO!

Hotlz = Sterling

Pass first?  Holtz = Stering?  Put Kean in and see what he can do?

There are a lot of confused people on this thread.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,588
  • Days Won:  29

Not concerned ... Flowers had a bad day. We won.

#BeatECU

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

7 minutes ago, MMW said:

Pass first?  Holtz = Stering?  Put Kean in and see what he can do?

There are a lot of confused people on this thread.  

It's almost like we didn't roll the defending conference champ on an off night.

• Upvote 1