• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF’s Hassan Childs Injured In Overnight Shooting

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Considering Strong's core values for his program's I'd imagine Childs will be kicked off of the team very, very soon

Image result for charlie strong core values

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

Well this kid ****** up. Hope he learns from this but his time as a Bull is all but done. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Remember that guns don't kill people. Stupid people with guns kill people. 

Childs is lucky that the guy is a bad shot. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  495
  • Days Won:  1

Unless there is video how do we know who was the aggressor? Isn't it Childs' word against that guy and his family? Obviously the family isn't going to take Childs' side....

Edit: The drugs are a different story.

Edited by Shockley3333

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

No way this ends well for the kid. Crying shame for a senior that's seen how a moment of lost self-control gets rewarded--multiple times. It's a good life lesson opportunity for the rest of our young guys. I hope he recovers from the shots and sees reality, I really wish the best outcome under the circumstances.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

7 hours ago, Skingraft said:

Aren't you a keyboard warrior.  Both are living, so the logic is there.  I spent 14 years in the military and that was the first thing the Corps teaches before you touch a weapon.

Weapons are not toys. Neither should have pulled a weapon, regardless of who pulled first, unless they had an intent to kill. Irresponsible gun owners.. both of them

The guy that shot Child's may have had the intent to kill, just maybe not the ability.  But you're right, in Florida, if you pull out your gun because you feel that your or someone else's life is in peril, you shoot to kill.  Because if you don't, the courts are going to assume that you really didn't feel that your life was in jeopardy. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,685
  • Days Won:  8

There must be other witnesses or other evidence to charge him. If you pull a gun on someone and it isn't self defense I think the charges should be attempted murder. 

I cant comprehend pulling a gun on someone over a traffic incident. I can't comprehend pulling a gun on someone unless you intend to kill them. What was he going to do? Rob the guy? 

I wonder what his side of the story is. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,574
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, Shockley3333 said:

Unless there is video how do we know who was the aggressor? Isn't it Childs' word against that guy and his family? Obviously the family isn't going to take Childs' side....

Like Gismo said, for HC to be charged there has to be more than just the family's version especially considering he was the one shot .....

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Could be as simple as Childs' story doesn't line up with what evidence the cops DO have.  Or maybe his story hasn't been consistent.  Law enforcement types aren't really in the habit of charging people with crimes without a good reason to.  

Either way, it's probably a safe bet that Childs' days as a Bulls football player are done.  Sad.  He had a gun pointed at a person with a child in the vicinity as well.  He needs straightening out.  

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  19

13 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Like Gismo said, for HC to be charged there has to be more than just the family's version especially considering he was the one shot .....

You are making an assumption, that there are conflicting versions from each party. Maybe, both sides told the same story. This was a pretty quick investigation before arrest. (this is not based on knowledge, just me thinking out loud)