• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF’s Hassan Childs Injured In Overnight Shooting

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,572
  • Days Won:  423

47 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Like Gismo said, for HC to be charged there has to be more than just the family's version especially considering he was the one shot .....

27 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

You are making an assumption, that there are conflicting versions from each party. Maybe, both sides told the same story. This was a pretty quick investigation before arrest. (this is not based on knowledge, just me thinking out loud)

Yeah, I am kind of assuming that Childs had a different version but maybe it was all him, he knew it and owned up to it to the police ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,254
  • Days Won:  1

https://twitter.com/TBTimes_Bulls

Child's suspended indefinitely per Joey Knight. Wouldn't be surprised to see him released within the next day or two

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

2 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

Remember that guns don't kill people. Stupid people with guns kill people. 

Childs is lucky that the guy is a bad shot. 

The guy hit Childs three times, that isn't a marksman but also not a bad shot.  A bad shot would shoot and miss three times, like many of our police officers do.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

It is possible Childs is cleared and returns, but very unlikely.  Even if he somehow gets out of jail time, he could have simply left but chose to engage and clearly had his gun out while doing so.  

Bye, Felicia!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Lesson #1

Nothing good happens outdoors after 10 PM. Get home, stay home, and get to bed early.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, JTrue said:

2) You get 5 years to complete your eligibility once the clock starts ticking. 

Not sure this is true. My only evidence off of the top of my head is Alton Voss. Pretty sure his "clock started ticking" in 2007, and he just finished his final year of eligibility. 

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  143
  • Days Won:  0

Does HC live in that same apartment complex where the family lives - where this whole shooting took place?  If not - or if he was not able to prove that he knew and was visiting someone that lived in there - that would pretty much paint him as the "aggressor" in this situation.

Otherwise, once the family turned into their apartment complex, HC would have kept on motoring down the road.

If he followed them in there, I suspect that shows that he was "not in fear for life" and that he was the aggressor..  therefore the quick arrest / charges.

:2cents:

Edited by shibumi
typo

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Terrible situation... just awful....

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  143
  • Days Won:  0

13 minutes ago, Ned A Starr said:

According to the report I read,  they  didn't live there,. They pulled over at the entrance to let Childs pass.  He pulled next to them and pointed a pistol at them. A 

OH?  That crackerjack reporting around here..  I've read 4 articles now plus the post on the City of Tampa page - and none of them make it very clear!  lol

They said he pulled into the apartment complex to "let HC pass" - then "continued to drive toward his apartment" - then stopped again - still inside the same apartment complex - and then then shooting happened.

So I guess I read that he continued to drive toward his apartment in that complex..   Who knows.  Are you saying that there is a different report that says neither of them lived in there?  Just curious now. 

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

11 minutes ago, shibumi said:

OH?  That crackerjack reporting around here..  I've read 4 articles now plus the post on the City of Tampa page - and none of them make it very clear!  lol

They said he pulled into the apartment complex to "let HC pass" - then "continued to drive toward his apartment" - then stopped again - still inside the same apartment complex - and then then shooting happened.

So I guess I read that he continued to drive toward his apartment in that complex..   Who knows.  Are you saying that there is a different report that says neither of them lived in there?  Just curious now. 

From Joeys most recent...

Tampa police gave this account of the incident:

Jovanni Jimenez, 26, was driving east on Skipper Road with his wife and 3-year-old son in the vehicle. He noticed a Chevy Malibu tailgating him and attempting to pass.

Jimenez pulled over into the Eagles Point apartment complex, roughly a mile from the USF campus, to let the vehicle pass. Childs, driving alone in the Malibu, pulled to the passenger side of Jimenez's stopped vehicle.

Jimenez's wife, Jennifer, saw Childs pointing a firearm toward their vehicle but Jovanni Jimenez did not see it, police said.

Jovanni Jimenez continued driving and his wife told him about the firearm. Jimenez, who has a valid concealed weapons permit, removed his gun from his waistband and placed it on the seat next to his leg.

Childs continued to tailgate Jimenez's vehicle and Jimenez again pulled over and stopped his car. Childs pulled to the driver's side of Jimenez's vehicle and pointed a handgun toward Jovanni Jimenez, according to the report.

In fear of his life and his family's life, Jovanni Jimenez fired three rounds at Childs, striking him in the upper right arm, torso and beneath his arm.

Jimenez drove home and immediately phoned 911, the report says.

Childs has an active concealed weapons permit, according to Tampa police. A loaded firearm was recovered from his vehicle. Police also found less than 20 grams of marijuana.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/investigation-continues-in-shooting-of-usf-football-player-hassan-childs/2318035 

To me it sounds like Jiminez did not live there. Also it appears he fled the scene before calling police. 

Edited by 206BULL