• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Our NEW Basketball HC is....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

22 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Yep .... Problem is you only get one shot at this rebuild, at this point in time, so hopefully the philosophy we went with works.

Are we planning on shutting the program down or something?  If this one doesn't work we'll be back to the drawing board again.....

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

23 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Yep .... Problem is you only get one shot at this rebuild, at this point in time, so hopefully the philosophy we went with works.

I think we have already multiple chances at rebuilds over the years...90% of the time they have failed.

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

11 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I think we have already multiple chances at rebuilds over the years...90% of the time they have failed.

Yea but you fail at 100% of the rebuilds that you don't attempt

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

38 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

Yea but you fail at 100% of the rebuilds that you don't attempt

Reminds me of the Wayne Gretzky quote: You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Reminds me of the Wayne Gretzky quote: You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take.

futilitydemotivator.jpg

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,568
  • Days Won:  423

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

2 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

Are we planning on shutting the program down or something?  If this one doesn't work we'll be back to the drawing board again.....

Point was, in 3 or 4 years if this isn't working, you can't call a time out, jump in Mr Peabody's way back machine and go back to give one of these other guys a chance ...

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Okay, I've talked myself into it; I'm on board with the new coach.

(1) Harlan had a ton of time to look for candidates. I mean way too much time. One would assume that he wasn't sitting on his duff. And I'm sure he made a lot of calls before making this offer.

(2) Our men's bball program is on the ground floor (there are no basements in Florida!). And we might get some kind of NCAA penalty. Orlando,:dankk2:Well, it's serious enough that the new coach has an asterisk in his contract about getting a 7th-year if it goes down that road. Anyway, we need somebody who has experience with this kind of rebuilding.

(3) Experience is the key to our need. To this end, the new coach has a lot of it. And he did rebuild G-Tech after their problems, as Gary pointed out in his article.

(4) All hires are a gamble and a roll of the dice. I think Harlan and the lady with the sailboat went with the safe bet, with something like this in mind, "If he gets us to the NIT in a few years, that's big progress."

(5) As for the spending, I was chuckling at how much we are paying. Regarding how much, I still wonder if USF has gotten out of the habit of throwing away money. Anyway, at least it with men's bball, the program can afford it. To sleep better, I'll pretend that we had to spend more money to get the new football staff, and not pay that much for a men's bball coach who was fired 2 years ago...

The dumpster fire is now out. Now, let's see if we can get back on track. Next year!

Edited by FarEastBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,568
  • Days Won:  423

3 minutes ago, FarEastBull said:

The dumpster fire is now out. Now, let's see if we can get back on track. Next year!

Wouldn't call it out but just smoldering at the moment ...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,011
  • Days Won:  469

Whether truth or drama, we were also told the rest were all (possibly) going to leave.  Not that it matters at this point, but that seems not to have happened.  We may be on our way back.

long_and_winding_road_ahead_sign_by_pudg

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

27 minutes ago, Ned A Starr said:

It's not long or winding to Exit C, which is the road I'm taking.

That's not jumping on the C bandwagon is it?