• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Our NEW Basketball HC is....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

Gotta agree with Trip I read the tweet as he misses Phoenix and being close to friends and family. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, 206BULL said:

Gotta agree with Trip I read the tweet as he misses Phoenix and being close to friends and family. 

Yeah that's what that sounds like. But ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I just watched the introduction video (gousfbulls.com), here are my impressions.

(1) I like him. He sounds like a solid personality.

(2) He's going to need help: He's got to bring in some young assistants. And everybody has to work hard at recruiting.

(3) I do like how he sees USF, talking about our positives. And he sounded sincere when saying it.

(4) He sort of reminds me of Seth Greenberg when he was hired -as in someone who will work hard and try to recruit like crazy.

(5) 6 years and 1-mill per year: TOO LONG AND TOO MUCH! What was wrong with 3-years, and $500K per? What if it's year 4 and we barely break .500?

----------------

Stan couldn't get enough talent. BUT the man didn't have facilities. He had just gotten them, and then he brought in some young talent in a rebuilding year. AND then he had just taken the team to the Dance.

WTF? Has USF ever shown any loyalty?

Throw all that money at Antigua and what did we get? ----Fans suffer while the decision makers keep on pulling in big paychecks. (How many fingers am I holding up?!)

Let's hope this hire pans out.

When does that sailboat take off and keep on going?????

Edited by FarEastBull

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,011
  • Days Won:  469

9 hours ago, Triple B said:

As much as I hope you're correct, not following the logic. 

He misses PHX already, meaning he'd departed back to TPA.  Spring break over. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, FarEastBull said:

I just watched the introduction video (gousfbulls.com), here are my impressions.

(1) I like him. He sounds like a solid personality.

(2) He's going to need help: He's got to bring in some young assistants. And everybody has to work hard at recruiting.

(3) I do like how he sees USF, talking about our positives. And he sounded sincere when saying it.

(4) He sort of reminds me of Seth Greenberg when he was hired -as in someone who will work hard and try to recruit like crazy.

(5) 6 years and 1-mill per year: TOO LONG AND TOO MUCH! What was wrong with 3-years, and $500K per? What if it's year 4 and we barely break .500?

----------------

Stan couldn't get enough talent. BUT the man didn't have facilities. He had just gotten them, and then he brought in some young talent in a rebuilding year. AND then he had just taken the team to the Dance.

WTF? Has USF ever shown any loyalty?

Throw all that money at Antigua and what did we get? ----Fans suffer while the decision makers keep on pulling in big paychecks. (How many fingers am I holding up?!)

Let's hope this hire pans out.

When does that sailboat take off and keep on going?????

The contract isn't bad at all. Harlan needed to show LOYALTY and there's a huge payout if he decides to leave. Gregory sounds like the right man for the job after this press conference. He hammered home the importance of recruiting, and recruiting locally. He talked about running a clean ship. Harlan did mention that Gregory will talk with Bartow about his role in the progrsm so I'm curious about that. I just hope if he players decide to leave they do it soon.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,011
  • Days Won:  469

IMG_4847.PNGBibby accounted for

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

16 minutes ago, Ionbull said:

The contract isn't bad at all. Harlan needed to show LOYALTY and there's a huge payout if he decides to leave. Gregory sounds like the right man for the job after this press conference. He hammered home the importance of recruiting, and recruiting locally. He talked about running a clean ship. Harlan did mention that Gregory will talk with Bartow about his role in the progrsm so I'm curious about that. I just hope if he players decide to leave they do it soon.

He said all the things you would expect a new head coach to say in an introduction news conference. What I will say is I HOPE Coach Gregory has learned much in his short time between jobs after being fired from GT. Poor bench coaching and even worse recruiting was his rep and rightfully so at GT. The recruiting part was very disappointing considering the school's location and brand new facilities built while he was there. That is alarming considering USF suppose to be a harder job to recruit to and with the sate of the program being what it is, recruiting has to be the top priority.

Having said all that I do HOPE Coach Gregory can build USF into a top level AAC program in a few seasons because he is the HC and needs all our support and patience. I won't be calling for his firing anytime soon if things start off a little slow.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  330
  • Days Won:  0

I told all of you how bad Antigua sucked and that he should have been fired after last season. Instead, Harlan dropped the ball by not firing Antigua after last year and further ran our team into the ground. It was obvious from the start that Antigua was terrible hire. What did you expect from a former Harlem Globetrotter and Dominican National Coach. Good riddance! Biggest dumpster fire ever.

For someone that has a strong background in Basketball, Harlan sure has created a disaster!

Heath was fired a season too soon!

Too bad Harlan didn't wait longer to interview more candidates. Gregory seems like a safe, no risk hire. 

It really should not be all that difficult to make a winner out of USF Basketball!

• Downvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

13 hours ago, Triple B said:

As much as I hope you're correct, not following the logic. 

3 hours ago, Brad said:

He misses PHX already, meaning he'd departed back to TPA.  Spring break over. 

I was kind of under the impression that even the ones leaving would finish the semester out so that's why I wasn't getting it .... Kind of a good sign, though, that he was at the presser today since the ones supposedly transferring weren't.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

7 hours ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

It really should not be all that difficult to make a winner out of USF Basketball!

Because we have such a long history of winning