• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Oregon reaches out to Willie Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  1

16 hours ago, BullFan98 said:

Curious...would any of your minds change if Oregon hired him and he left before our bowl game?

No...CWT has to do what is best for him and his family....if he gets the offer, I would imagine it is a no-brainer.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

3 hours ago, Mizzou said:

You think taking a job with an established Big 10 program that has produced QBs such as Drew Brees, Bob Griese and Len Dawson would be yucky? 

Yeah, but what have you done for me LATELY?

Showing your age there, geezer! :D

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

8 minutes ago, KB said:

he tweeted that right before taking USF gig

7 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Interesting.  Did not know that

Pretty sure KB was pulling our collective legs...

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

1 minute ago, gmanbull93 said:

No...CWT has to do what is best for him and his family....if he gets the offer, I would imagine it is a no-brainer.

Rarely are things actually a no-brainer.  He has a lot to consider.  He just built a house.  Does he want to up-root his family while his son is in high school?  What level of control will he have vs. USF?  What level of expectation?

Oregon just fired a guy that really only had one bad year.  I know the trajectory was downward, but he wasn't given a chance to turn it around.

So, IMO, it's not a no-brainer.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  118
  • Days Won:  1

8 minutes ago, charsibb said:

Pretty sure KB was pulling our collective legs...

He's tweeted that a couple times this year 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Tough to say what he'll do, but lack of attendance and not being able to play for NCs will be a huge factor in his decision.  He has constantly harped on attendance and pleaded with the area to support this team, which is very deserving of better crowds than it gets, and the community has failed to show up other than FSU.  

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

26 minutes ago, T-Man said:

CWT will not leave this year.   Next year there is a real chance, he will not leave QF, his stock will never be higher than it will be next year.

Oregon is one of the best positions in all of CFB. If he's already hot enough to get it, he's gone. Now. 

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

27 minutes ago, gmanbull93 said:

I can't help but laugh when I hear coaches use this excuse in sports. The guy will be walking out of USF with 10+ million in the bank when he walks out of here. He and his family will be fine.

I guess money really means more than staying at the same place for years and having a stadium or field named after you.

******* Joel Miller....

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

3 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Don't you have a poker game with Genghis Khan, Pol Pot and Mao to get back to?

CWT has been trying to work his way into the Oregon job for years, notice how he lets the players wear all those strange uniform combinations, and how just two years ago he started running the spread offense like Oregon?  CWT wants to be down with the goddess of victory! Swoosh!

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,344
  • Days Won:  5

34 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Tough to say what he'll do, but lack of attendance and not being able to play for NCs will be a huge factor in his decision.  He has constantly harped on attendance and pleaded with the area to support this team, which is very deserving of better crowds than it gets, and the community has failed to show up other than FSU.  

You can thank all of the support we have from our toad newspaper. I mean the pen is mightier than the sword. Those two jag-offs over there could have help sell our product but instead try to bury it.

• Upvote 3