• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Oregon reaches out to Willie Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, ArmyBull said:

I agree, but if Oregon calls, you listen.  I think he would get beat out by a number of others options.  

The Gamecocks called too, he listened and was respectful but remained in Tampa.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 hour ago, jdm said:

Kind of like skip holtz? He was the definition of failure at USF and is now playing for a conference championship. Strong is a better coach than willie imo. He was set up to fail at Texas from the beginning. Get him back in Florida and maybe we finally win a conference championship?

how can you say he is better than Taggart? He just went 5-7 in his 3rd year at a school that has to fend off 4 and 5 star recruits. They generated $121M in revenue. First football program ever to generate over $100M. They have a HUGE advantage over everyone in their conference with the exception of OU. How was he set up to fail?? By having huge attendance, unlimited dollars, a weak conference...

For being a defensive guy, it's odd that they finished 96th in the country this year.

39 minutes ago, BrowardBull17 said:

You're delusional. He's a Florida guy who recruits Florida talent.  His Louisville teams were fantastic.  Texas was a bad for fit. 

His UofL teams were built by Clint Hurtt who is a known cheater and was given a show cause for his Miami transgressions. Strong doesn't win without Bridgewater and the other 4 Hurtt brought from Miami.

The University of Louisville announced Tuesday that it will keep assistant football coach Clint Hurtt on staff as he deals with NCAA sanctions stemming from his time at Miami (Fla.).

In addition to a two-year show-cause put in place by the NCAA, athletic director Tom Jurich said the organization accepted "further proposed actions" that will be put in place by U of L. Those that were detailed by the NCAA's report issued Tuesday include:

— Hurtt will be banned from any recruiting activity during the rest of this year and through the spring of 2014.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2013/10/22/miami-ncaa-louisville-sanctions-penalties-clint-hurtt/3149781/

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

9 hours ago, JTrue said:

I got you.

Image result for zoolander gif

49 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

Bull let's not act like Charlie Strong is some bum off the street. As a DC at UF and as HC at Louisville he recruited the state of Florida well. People here are hoping he has those connections still. Did he suck balls at Texas - yup. Do that mean he would suck here if it came down to it - nope. 

Would I rather have Taggart? All day

Strong sold his soul to the devil when he hired Clint hurtt so he would bring Bridgewater and the other 4 from Miami.

You can see Louisville's Clint Hurtt persuading players from South Florida to come to a program that has just one bowl appearance in the past four years and 15 bowl appearances total. You see him persuading players to ignore bigger programs with better tradition and more history to come to Louisville. You see him helping the Cardinals earn a spot in the Top 25 class rankings, the only Big East team to do so. That's why Hurtt was named ESPN.com's recruiter of the year.

Hurtt was key in the Cardinals landing quarterback Teddy Bridgewater (Miami/Northwestern), safety Gerod Holliman (Miami/Southridge), wide receiver Eli Rogers (Miami/Northwestern) and defensive end Bryant Dubose (Oakland Park, Fla./Northeast). Of the Cardinals' 20-player class, 16 are from out of state, including 12 from Florida, 10 of them from South Florida.

Hurtt went down to Hurricane country and landed potential difference-makers. Bridgewater, Rogers and Dubose were one-time commitments to Miami, and Holliman and Andrew Johnson (Miami/Southridge) were one-time commitments to Ole Miss. They all had opportunities to play at bigger, well-known programs. Instead, they choose Hurtt and Louisville. In a year in which many Big East programs struggled to sign elite recruits, Louisville did not. In fact, Bridgewater, Rogers and Holliman are ESPNU 150 members.

Hurtt was also responsible for Louisville signing wide receiver Charles Gaines (Miami/Central), offensive guard John Miller (Miami/Central), safety Jermaine Reve (Miami/Northwestern), offensive guard Mike Romano (Port St. Lucie, Fla./Treasure Coast), defensive back Terrell Floyd (Port St. Lucie, Fla./Treasure Coast) and defensive end Deiontrez Mount (Fort Walton Beach, Fla./Fort Walton Beach).

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I feel that strong is a bit overrated. I'd honestly like to see who would be interested before I'd put the full court press on Strong. I'm more of a fan of up and coming guys than guys dropping down because of failure. 

1 minute ago, Bull Dozer said:

I feel that strong is a bit overrated. I'd honestly like to see who would be interested before I'd put the full court press on Strong. I'm more of a fan of up and coming guys than guys dropping down because of failure. 

+1

Guest PCBull14
8 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Agree! How can you not recruit Texas for a QB and you're at the University of Texas. I don't understand that at all. The experts keep saying they are so loaded with talent. My questions is where are the wins. How does a team so talented lose to Kansas?

Awful coaching that's how.

Edited by PCBull14

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  807
  • Days Won:  1

Clint Hurtt didn't get Teddy Bridgewater to go to Louisville on his own, nor did he get DeVante Parker to stay home.  Hurtt didn't coach the team to stomp on the gators in a major bowl game either. Nice try,  though. 

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

Willie is staying. 

• Upvote 3