• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What they're saying about the USF vs. FSU matchup

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,125
  • Days Won:  6

8 hours ago, USFStPete said:

A lot of things are in our favor, but when it comes down to it we don't have the defense required to beat FSU. The lack of a pass rush will keep us a few points away from winning.

I have concerns about our Defense as well.  I am a defense first kind of fan and USF used to live and die by its ability to shut down anybody.

That being said, and before we get too critical, keep in mind that our offense scores really fast and gets off the field.  

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, raptorcj said:

I just hope the FSU loss makes our guys hungry to jump on them quick and keep the pedal down.

I don't think we are gonna lose. Listening to CWT last night I think he will have this team ready. He sounded every even keel about the whole situation. FSU is not the leviathan many think they are. I don't care what they do in practice it won't make them a new team. They will still have some of the same issues they had last week. We know if we play to our strengths we can blast this team.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,125

4 minutes ago, HR Bull said:

I don't think we are gonna lose. Listening to CWT last night I think he will have this team ready. He sounded every even keel about the whole situation. FSU is not the leviathan many think they are. I don't care what they do in practice it won't make them a new team. They will still have some of the same issues they had last week. We know if we play to our strengths we can blast this team.

I agree.  We have to take them off the pedestal we have put them on.  We are a pretty good team ourselves.

We play our game and should expect to win.  It's just the next game on the schedule (a quote from Hoggins).

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  611
  • Days Won:  3

The defense absolutely can't start the way they did last week. Syracuse could not hang with the speed of our offense but FSU, whatever you think of them, will have some athletes. And can I say again how quick Rodney Adams looks this year? I can't wait to see how he does against better competition. I really think the key will be if the FSU secondary can stop all of the receivers.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

Rodney Adams Jet sweeps won't be nearly as effective as the past 3 weeks, QF will NEED to hit the receivers in motion more often than he has so far this year. FSU defensive speed is for real.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

48 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

This is a battle of competing hungers.

Did somebody say "a battle of competing hungers"? I know just the thing... Publix subs!

Edited by TallyBull
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

They do have talent but they're young. They have constantly turned over a lot of their leadership the last couple of seasons and it shows. The defense is out of position a lot and it takes time to develop the tools needed to succeed at this level.

Also their run game doesn't look as good this year. If they play young Frenchy dial up the pressure and allow the defensive players to introduce themselves. The kid has been beaten up a lot this far this season.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

I believe that Dillon and Wilcox will be very key factors in this game. With the threat of our running game, we hopefully use some play action, draw in the LBs and Flowers hits them over the middle. He has shown a proficiency in throwing the 15 to 25 yard pass down the middle to WRs and TEs. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953

1 hour ago, NAM37 said:

The "competition" we've been "destroying" is NOTHING like FSU.

I have no love for FSU and haven't been impressed with what I've seen. I don't believe in pedigree and resting upon what they've done in the past. 

I watched their Ole Miss game and their Louisville game. Not impressed. When I watch Houston, that's a strong well built team. Louisville is in the same boat. 

Temple last year looked like a juggernaut at times. FSU looks overrated. My point is everyone is big and bad until they step on the field. Memphis for a while was sick on the field, so was navy, and Cincinnati. When they entered the game against us all of that changed. 

If anything FSU is in for a rude awakening and so are some of our fans apparently.  Some of our worst teams put up a fight, what will one of out best do???

Edited by TromBull12
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I like how our D responded next week, gave me a lot more confidence for this week but I don't feel they're quite at Louisville's level. So to me, that's the real battle on Saturday. If our D bows up, we win IMO.