• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What they're saying about the USF vs. FSU matchup

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

1 minute ago, raptorcj said:

I like how our D responded next week, gave me a lot more confidence for this week but I don't feel they're quite at Louisville's level. So to me, that's the real battle on Saturday. If our D bows up, we win IMO.

This. To me, the magic number is 25. Give up less than that, we win. Give up more than that, probably a loss. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

We've given up 20 to Towson & 'cuse' 17 to No Illinois; 550 yards to 'cuse.  I don't see holding them to under 40.  Hope to God I'm wrong but I'm afraid the new scoreboards at Ray Jay will look like gas pumps when gas was $4 a gallon.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

28 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:
30 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

I like how our D responded last week, gave me a lot more confidence for this week but I don't feel they're quite at Louisville's level. So to me, that's the real battle on Saturday. If our D bows up, we win IMO.

This. To me, the magic number is 25. Give up less than that, we win. Give up more than that, probably a loss. 

That's a good number, hope we hold them there. But I honestly think we could let em score over 30 and we still walk away with it.

Oh, and corrected my quote (geesh).

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Jimbo cited lack of maturity for them being "shell shocked" and he tried to walk back his panicked comment yesterday. I think if you move fast these young guys won't  Have their assignments completely down. It may not be as effective as last week, but I'm sure it will still allow us to create some advantageous matchups.

Also, I think they are killing Cook's NFL chances and that really sucks. 

Edited by HR Bull

Guest PCBull14
19 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

We've given up 20 to Towson & 'cuse' 17 to No Illinois; 550 yards to 'cuse.  I don't see holding them to under 40.  Hope to God I'm wrong but I'm afraid the new scoreboards at Ray Jay will look like gas pumps when gas was $4 a gallon.

Towson is not a bad and team, we played vanilla defense. Clean up a few plays and its 60ish-10 type of score.

NIU was within 7 points of San Diego State late, you know SDSU that team people say should be ranked. We had NIU down 48-7 and called off the dogs. They scored 10 in garbage clean up. Which was basically the entire 4th quarter.

Syracuse out gained us 224-59 in the first quarter and 17-0 on the score board. We half way woke up as I still don't think we played 100% against them and out gained Syracuse 395-312 and 45-3 on the score board. I think we will be just fine. We beat Syracuse by at least 50 if we play a full game.

Defense will be fine. We are yet to show much outside the bare basic scheme plays besides a few standard blitzes. I think the playbooks are opened up from here on out on both sides of the ball.

Just my thoughts. I'm not sure how fired up FSU will be coming into this game. USF will be fired up as well. That intangible is a wash if you ask me. Going to be interesting.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

2 minutes ago, PCBull14 said:

Towson is not a bad and team, we played vanilla defense. Clean up a few plays and its 60ish-10 type of score.

NIU was within 7 points of San Diego State late, you know SDSU that team people say should be ranked. We had NIU down 48-7 and called off the dogs. They scored 10 in garbage clean up. Which was basically the entire 4th quarter.

Syracuse out gained us 224-59 in the first quarter and 17-0 on the score board. We half way woke up as I still don't think we played 100% against them and out gained Syracuse 395-312 and 45-3 on the score board. I think we will be just fine. We beat Syracuse by at least 50 if we play a full game.

Defense will be fine. We are yet to show much outside the bare basic scheme plays besides a few standard blitzes. I think the playbooks are opened up from here on out on both sides of the ball.

Just my thoughts. I'm not sure how fired up FSU will be coming into this game. USF will be fired up as well. That intangible is a wash if you ask me. Going to be interesting.

Still gave up 100 yds/quarter against them.  I like their offense but think FSU is a whole different animal.

Guest PCBull14
10 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Still gave up 100 yds/quarter against them.  I like their offense but think FSU is a whole different animal.

So did Louisville and Louisville gave up more points throwing every defensive play they had at them. Literally all we did was bring guys closer to the line and adjusted the zones. Gave up 1 point a quarter after adjustments. Even if we lose to FSU I am not worried about our defense.

Edited by PCBull14

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

6 minutes ago, PCBull14 said:

We have stayed vanilla the first three games.  We haven't shown everything yet. I think our defense will be fine.  We have all our starters back on defense for this game which will be huge for communication early on.  We haven't shown all of our blitzes or stunts.  I don't think we're the only ones who noticed.  Taggart keeps a lot close to the vest.  I like that about him.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, PCBull14 said:

So did Louisville and Louisville game up more points throwing every defensive play they had at them. Literally all we did was bring guys closer to the line and adjusted the zones. Gave up 1 point a quarter after adjustments. Even if we lose to FSU I am not worried about our defense.

Some fans are looking for let down and I don't think we are that kind of team. Jimbo's maturity comments lead me to believe that that lose may beat them twice. I don't think their young team is ready for a real battle and regardless of we their coaches say in practice.

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  1

22 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Funny, I happened to have that sports channel on today that starts with ESP and some idiot that I believe has a show on the SEC network (Paul something maybe) was saying that he wonders if Jimbo Fisher now wishes he had taken the LSU job.  Really? WTF is he thinking?  They lose one game and now their coach wishes he weren't there?  No SEC bias on that network.  Wow. Just WOW.  

Paul Finebaum is a tool. I hated hearing his radio show on XM. If he is on I am not watching. He knows loves his SEC and nothing else.