• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What they're saying about the USF vs. FSU matchup

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

Too bad Jimbo's QB is in the NFL now

Is the implication here that Jimbo isn't actually a good coach, it was all Winston?

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Is the implication here that Jimbo isn't actually a good coach, it was all Winston?

I'm hoping no one is implying that. He does have three first round picks at QB in the NFL. Some FSU fans are wondering if the playbook is too complex for anyone that's not a generational QB. Winston appears to be the only one that truly grasped it, and watching that offense run in 2013 was pretty **** impressive. 

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

My only concern is our DLine. Francis is a fragile QB right now. If he had to be running for his life from JPP/Selvie I would say its in the bag. Not sure how long we can match up 1:1 if we have to bring pressure on D/load the box to slow down Cook.

Our O will be fine. We can put up points on anyone.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,695
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, KB said:

Coaching: Even. Jimbo Fisher has won a national championship, but Taggart is building an AAC power.

Not really the same, but okay. 

Funny, I happened to have that sports channel on today that starts with ESP and some idiot that I believe has a show on the SEC network (Paul something maybe) was saying that he wonders if Jimbo Fisher now wishes he had taken the LSU job.  Really? WTF is he thinking?  They lose one game and now their coach wishes he weren't there?  No SEC bias on that network.  Wow. Just WOW.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

2 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Funny, I happened to have that sports channel on today that starts with ESP and some idiot that I believe has a show on the SEC network (Paul something maybe) was saying that he wonders if Jimbo Fisher now wishes he had taken the LSU job.  Really? WTF is he thinking?  They lose one game and now their coach wishes he weren't there?  No SEC bias on that network.  Wow. Just WOW.  

Paul Finebaum is a big-eared, bald headed, SEC nut-hanger from way back in the day. His entire existence in life is based upon SEC football. He has to constantly put down other programs in order to try and elevate the SEC, which has been down as a whole the last two years if anyone has cared to notice. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

10 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Kinda like Coach Strong?

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,695
  • Days Won:  108

6 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

3 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Paul Finebaum is a big-eared, bald headed, SEC nut-hanger from way back in the day. His entire existence in life is based upon SEC football. He has to constantly put down other programs in order to try and elevate the SEC, which has been down as a whole the last two years if anyone has cared to notice. 

That was the guy.  I actually did chuckle out loud when he said that.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

11 minutes ago, JTrue said:

The implication is he has a QB that didn't win a national championship. Jameis was the man with the ball during that season. This year's QB has just been severely beaten. Never said Jimbo isn't a good coach. What I'm saying is that their 2016 team hasn't been too impressive yet. The QB who lead the team to victory is not there now to lead this team. Current QB may not be as effective in this system.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Not sure why Jimbo would want to go to a job where you are going to be measured by Nick Saban every year. Not a lot of guys going to out coach that guy year in year out.

Jimbo is a good coach. I like CWT but anyone who says they wouldn't trade coaches is more homer than I can be.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  495
  • Days Won:  1

From FSU Rivals board:

I don't gamble on football but how anyone could not take the five points and USF is beyond me. We are staring down the barrel of a 2-2 start, if you think this morning feels bad wait until next Monday morning when we are licking our wounds after a drubbing in Ray Jay. Until Jimbo sits Charles Kelly down in his office and gives him the reasons he is relieving him of his duties effective immediately, expect to get embarrassed some more. USF is not a body bag game they can just outtalent the other team in, they attack just like Louisville and we are in for another long Saturday I'm afraid.

• Upvote 1