• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What they're saying about the USF vs. FSU matchup

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,618
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

Paul Finebaum is a big-eared, bald headed, SEC nut-hanger from way back in the day. His entire existence in life is based upon SEC football. He has to constantly put down other programs in order to try and elevate the SEC, which has been down as a whole the last two years if anyone has cared to notice. 

This x 1000 .... Used to run across his show occasionally on satellite radio and SEC nut-hanger doesn't do him justice.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,618
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, SANJAY said:

Jimbo is a good coach. I like CWT but anyone who says they wouldn't trade coaches is more homer than I can be.

Honestly, if you're talking about trading in the situation both programs are in right now, I'm not sure I'd make that trade ...... mainly because of recruiting. Maybe I'm underestimating the pull Jimbo would have but, as we've seen in other sports, recruiting to USF ain't as easy as it is to traditional powerhouses and I think CWT and staff is great at wringing all it can out of this area.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Honestly, if you're talking about trading in the situation both programs are in right now, I'm not sure I'd make that trade ...... mainly because of recruiting. Maybe I'm underestimating the pull Jimbo would have but, as we've seen in other sports, recruiting to USF ain't as easy as it is to traditional powerhouses and I think CWT and staff is great at wringing all it can out of this area.

That's a decent point. Hard to look past national championship on the resume though.

I threw that out there but I think CWT is a pretty good coach. That wasn't always evident in the first 2.25 years.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

I think if we play fast FSU will struggle throughout the game. They don't seem to handle consistent speed very well. We need to keep that hurry up offense going. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,200

Just now, OcalaBull2 said:

I think if we play fast FSU will struggle throughout the game. They don't seem to handle consistent speed very well. We need to keep that hurry up offense going. 

Agree...not to say they aren't fast but hit them with speed from every direction. 

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  611
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Yep to this. Ask Skip Holtz or our basketball coaches if it's easy to recruit here. If you can't get the talent it doesn't matter how good your Xs and Os are. What Levitt did in this area was outright impressive.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322

7 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Agree...not to say they aren't fast but hit them with speed from every direction. 

Yes, and we have the talent to do that. Our 2 minute scoring drives need to continue and be in multiples. We aren't a team to eat up the clock, so we need to score fast and score often. There were plays against Lville where FSU had no idea how to set up properly on defense.