• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What they're saying about the USF vs. FSU matchup

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

5 hours ago, JTrue said:

Kentucky and Alabama are in the same league, too. Both are beatable. Like I said, I get your point.

Alabama would never get beat by more than Kentucky did by the same team though haha.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  180
  • Days Won:  0

Clucko the chicken is picking us. he better be right or I am going to Chick Fil a

http://collegefootballnews.com/2016/week-4-college-football-expert-picks-predictions

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

9 hours ago, Ionbull said:

I'm just concerned of Jimbo throwing the sink at us and adding insane wrinkles.

I really can't see this happening with a freshman QB starting only his 4th game, plus, I think FSU will be so arrogant as to believe they can beat us while playing vanilla.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

FSU Practice Notes for USF:

Malik Henry returned to practice Monday

Tomahawk Nation broke this news Monday. The five-star QB signee/freshman was suspended for a month. While it’s good news that he is healthy enough to no longer be suspended, Henry still looks emaciated and we do not expect him to figure in the QB competition this year.

Brock Ruble took reps with the first team

Right tackle Rick Leonard does not look to be improving much after three weeks following his move from defensive end to offensive tackle. We’ve heard whispers that some on staff wanted to play backup Brock Ruble for a couple weeks now, and Monday Ruble did take reps with the first team.

Cole Minshew consistently participating

For two years now we’ve heard about the elite potential of guard Cole Minshew. But concussions and ankle injuries have never enabled Minshew to consistently play. He missed time with concussion-like symptoms earlier in the year and has had to get in shape, but Minshew appears to be doing that and took second-team reps in practice this week. If Minshew can stay healthy and get in shape, he could be a factor later in the season.

Nnadi in a boot

We saw Derrick Nnadi in a boot after Monday’s practice and plan to ask Jimbo Fisher Tuesday about Nnadi’s status.

Update: Following practice on Tuesday, Jimbo Fisher said Nnadi was just “nicked up.”

Trey Marshall returned Tuesday

Trey Marshall was seen being helped off the field after the Louisville game with an undisclosed injury, and did not practice Monday. While we do not know the nature of the injury, we do know he returned to practice Tuesday.

Getting the defense some confidence

FSU showed Saturday that its back seven was undisciplined and had not mastered the coverage schemes and responsibilities being called by the coaching staff. We’re told that the staff really is concentrated on making sure everyone is on the same page and has confidence in the system before moving on to other installations. This seems like coach speak and something that would be done normally, but perhaps extra time will be spent on mastery of fewer concepts. This is a shaken group that needs to gain confidence and play as a team.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

12 minutes ago, BullFan98 said:

Getting the defense some confidence

FSU showed Saturday that its back seven was undisciplined and had not mastered the coverage schemes and responsibilities being called by the coaching staff. We’re told that the staff really is concentrated on making sure everyone is on the same page and has confidence in the system before moving on to other installations. This seems like coach speak and something that would be done normally, but perhaps extra time will be spent on mastery of fewer concepts. This is a shaken group that needs to gain confidence and play as a team.

Man, sure hoping we can exploit this on Saturday.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

I think we really need to get Flowers out in open space running he can be a game changer for us.  

Flowers can run just as well as Lamar Jackson when needed.

Edited by Bulls On Parade
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

http://www.bradenton.com/sports/college/university-of-south-florida/article103051862.html

Nice little article by Alan Dell by the Bradenton Herald down here. No jabs, no talks about attendance, just praise for Taggart's rebuilding and the opportunity that awaits. This is what a supportive media article looks like. 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

All I can say is that I am behind Taggart one way or the other. It was hard to want to trust him after his first two years, from the greatest I-A loss to a I-AA opponent to open to getting shut out by UCF at home to close year 2. But he has definitely built a solid, upwardly-mobile team, and it feels like we legitimately have a shot at beating FSU. We may not win, but the fact that we can stand toe-to-toe with them and feel its a fairly even chance is all we've wanted for a long time. Win or lose, we're behind you, CWT!

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

2 hours ago, BurghBulltoo said:

Clucko the chicken is picking us. he better be right or I am going to Chick Fil a

http://collegefootballnews.com/2016/week-4-college-football-expert-picks-predictions

Clucko also made us one of his sure thing locks after the spread. His record, this year, for those picks is pretty good. It's excellent when you consider the records of his peers for this category.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 10:21 AM, Rocky Style said:

This is a battle of competing hungers.

Who can beat the Hotdog Environment? :FIREdevil:

• Upvote 2