• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Local Media Support

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

8 minutes ago, DC said:

Joey Knight must really hate his job. He really goes out of his way to denigrate USF. He should move on to cover something that he actually cares about; it would be best for him and the university. https://twitter.com/tbtimes_bulls/status/797813376948772865

What a joke. So we get penalized for winning essentially. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Remember that there are still reporters who will be voting for us today, regardless of JK's position. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,343
  • Days Won:  5

7 hours ago, OcalaBull2 said:

What a joke. So we get penalized for winning essentially. 

Can I add him to the list of reporters to punch in the face? Does that make me a mean guy? 

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

8 hours ago, DC said:

Joey Knight must really hate his job. He really goes out of his way to denigrate USF. He should move on to cover something that he actually cares about; it would be best for him and the university. https://twitter.com/tbtimes_bulls/status/797813376948772865

If you read his column, he essentially said that USF was #26 on his list. He doesn't hate us, he just doesn't think we're #25. Yet.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  406
  • Days Won:  0

He's been much more positive lately, but tends to be very defensive if anyone questions him.  He's 100% on the Flowers train, but I think he's just a glass half empty person who thinks he's always right.   

To his defense being a beat writer is a tough job and from what I understand isn't a ton of money.  However, you get to watch and write about sports and from what I see regularly (via video) can wear shorts or dad jeans at all times. 

For the past few years as we hit rock bottom and were rebuilding we had the best writer we deserved and we didn't really care who it was.  Now that we have some momentum and the fan base is becoming more engaged we just expect more and we still have Joey.  

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

2 minutes ago, thatBULL said:

He's been much more positive lately, but tends to be very defensive if anyone questions him.  

This pretty much true for everyone that covers USF (Voodoo Five Guys, Jeff Odom, etc). If you dare question any of their opinions they are immediately indignant and petulant. Gregg was much better at actually engaging people and having a dialogue and only became hostile when people deserved it. The guys now immediately go on the offensive/defensive. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

13 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

This pretty much true for everyone that covers USF (Voodoo Five Guys, Jeff Odom, etc). If you dare question any of their opinions they are immediately indignant and petulant. Gregg was much better at actually engaging people and having a dialogue and only became hostile when people deserved it. The guys now immediately go on the offensive/defensive. 

Typical of all media they think they poop gold coins.  McMurphy is probably the most arrogant out of the bunch. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

35 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

I mean... they aren't defensive if someone brings up a solid point , asks a question or engages in debate. The problem is people on twitter go straight to attacking them or calling them hacks or P5 homers. Some of the posts are nuts. There are times when it feels like the local media only wants to point out the bad and it's frustrating, but his rankings I have no problem with.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

25 minutes ago, Ionbull said:

I mean... they aren't defensive if someone brings up a solid point , asks a question or engages in debate. The problem is people on twitter go straight to attacking them or calling them hacks or P5 homers. Some of the posts are nuts. There are times when it feels like the local media only wants to point out the bad and it's frustrating, but his rankings I have no problem with.

I see them do what I said often even in those cases. 

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

53 minutes ago, Ionbull said:

Disagree.  I've seen him that way with people who questioned his articles or posts in a non-combative manner. 

Heck, he got all condescending and defensive when I corrected a point he made in an article.  Others twitter users (whom I don't know) defended what I posted and questioned how he responded.