• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Local Media Support

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,467
  • Days Won:  25

25 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I can fully commiserate with the memory thing but it was always just the announced attendance figure until at some point during the BM reign of terror when the actual started being requested from the TSA 

So your saying I might remember part of what I forgot?

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  95
  • Days Won:  1

Letters / messages also need to be sent to other media outlets. While TBT isn't great, they discuss USF(as negative as it may be). Fox 13, NBC, CBS, BHSN, 620WDAE barely mention, at all. They need to know that they are missing a huge audience by neglecting the local college. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,654
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

So your saying I might remember part of what I forgot?

Exactly ...... but in a couple of hours, you'll forget this conversation. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  95
  • Days Won:  1

56 minutes ago, Ned A Starr said:

Where is that huge audience at game time?

Sitting at home. Outside the community on this board, no one knows enough about the program to care. All people hear is a 10 second spot on how we beat a lowly (insert AAC team here) followed by 5 minutes of coverage for every other team in the state. Right now, we are out-of-sight, out-of-mind. The vast majority of people that I talk to have no clue just how good this team is, or could be.

While I don't think more radio/tv coverage would have an immediate attendance impact, I believe that it could, over time. Over the years USF football should be ingrained as part of the Tampa community's sports discussion. More discussion adds validity to a quality program in people's minds. Brand recognition 101. We have a quality brand and no one knows about it. 

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,353
  • Days Won:  5

6 minutes ago, T said:

Sitting at home. Outside the community on this board, no one knows enough about the program to care. All people hear is a 10 second spot on how we beat a lowly (insert AAC team here) followed by 5 minutes of coverage for every other team in the state. Right now, we are out-of-sight, out-of-mind. The vast majority of people that I talk to have no clue just how good this team is, or could be.

While I don't think more radio/tv coverage would have an immediate attendance impact, I believe that it could, over time. Over the years USF football should be ingrained as part of the Tampa community's sports discussion. More discussion adds validity to a quality program in people's minds. Brand recognition 101. We have a quality brand and no one knows about it. 

T I like what your saying. wdae is home of the gators, lightning, bucs, rays and bulls on the their sister station.  There was a failed attempt to have a USF radio station but bugger Mc fuzznuts would back had us every time he had to mention USF. It failed and now, as you mentioned, out of site out of mind.  I wonder if USF could use some clout with its advertising dollars to . I agree with BDYZR.  I draft a letter by weeks end telling TBT why I had to stop my paper nearly two years from ago. Hey hit 'em where it hurts.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

They were kind enough to mention us on the Press Box yesterday...about our attendance problem

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,467
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, T said:

Letters / messages also need to be sent to other media outlets. While TBT isn't great, they discuss USF(as negative as it may be). Fox 13, NBC, CBS, BHSN, 620WDAE barely mention, at all. They need to know that they are missing a huge audience by neglecting the local college. 

YES!

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

nm

Edited by TallyBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,654
  • Days Won:  424

21 minutes ago, Ned A Starr said:

I know everything I need to know about USF football, and nothing the news media does is going get me to the stadium again.  BTW, USF is one of your "lowly AAC teams".  

Obviously he wasn't referring to someone like you ....

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  487
  • Days Won:  0

Joey Knight must really hate his job. He really goes out of his way to denigrate USF. He should move on to cover something that he actually cares about; it would be best for him and the university. https://twitter.com/tbtimes_bulls/status/797813376948772865

• Downvote 1