• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Local Media Support

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,568
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, USFBulls727 said:

Ned said he wouldn't go "again". Maybe he's one of the many that have stopped going. Always curious why, and what it would take to get some of the old crowd back.

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yet he comes here to piss and moan and dwell on any negatives. The school does not need $ that bad in my opinion. 

Actually, sadly, it does ....... and obviously not spending money on football hasn't stopped the pissing and moaning.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 hours ago, Triple B said:

Actually, sadly, it does ....... and obviously not spending money on football hasn't stopped the pissing and moaning.

There is such a thing as a bad customer...

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

9 hours ago, thatBULL said:

I've seen Jeff Odom just today criticize someone's misinterpretation/misreading of something as lack of reading comprehension, which was a cheap shot on a fan that hadn't been a *****. This was done even after the fan admitted the mistake and was polite.  Everyone gets on Twitter and becomes a snarky assclown.

Odom actually blocked me on Twitter...not sure what I did but it might have been deserved, I guess.  Yet I don't mind at all...my Twitter snark meter came down a few levels that day.  We should remember he's still an undergrad student too.

I don't have a problem with Joey Knight except for the awkward coincidence with his last name.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

56 minutes ago, NCBull said:

Odom actually blocked me on Twitter...not sure what I did but it might have been deserved, I guess.  Yet I don't mind at all...my Twitter snark meter came down a few levels that day.  We should remember he's still an undergrad student too.

I don't have a problem with Joey Knight except for the awkward coincidence with his last name.  

He acts like it.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

56 minutes ago, NCBull said:

Not sure why that happened in particular, but some of the tweets feel straight out of a message board of even something that we laugh off here on TBP. The only difference is it's their job to report, while we all just have fun in our spare time. I think when someone personally throws shade at them on their Twitter for doing their work it's more personal than when we banter here on TBP. 

But I see all angles of it. I just hate how the editors and writers will galavent that they aren't "cheerleaders" and are putting out what the people want, but will call out usf fans for requesting more usf related material. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

30 minutes ago, Ned A Starr said:

Not a factor at all.

We've lost a lot of fans over the years. Just wondering what is keeping you away. The team's doing pretty well 

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

1 hour ago, Ned A Starr said:

Winning or losing was not a factor in my case.  I enjoy watching it on TV more than at the stadium.....record, play, rewind, fast forward!  Life's good!

I'm not sure if you intentionally kept from answering USFBull727's question, but what was it that turned you off from supporting USF financially--was it how the "Slapgate" was handled?

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

7 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

There is such a thing as a bad customer...

No such thing as bad donor money, no matter how "whiny" the donor. 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,344
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, Ned A Starr said:

Winning or losing was not a factor in my case.  I enjoy watching it on TV more than at the stadium.....record, play, rewind, fast forward!  Life's good!

To me, you are still showing support by watching the game. May not be as much as being there but at least you are showing some support by watching on TV. 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

Attendance is down in general in sporting events across the board (including Pro sports) from what I've read. Haven't looked it up to see the exact figures, but I know USF football attendance is probably quite a bit down from 7 or 8 years ago. If people are just staying home for the convenience, to save money, air conditioning, etc...not sure how Harlan or anyone else can fix that. The attendance in Memphis looked similar to ours, and similar to many AAC games it seems. It will be hard to push the P6 agenda if people aren't showing up. Too bad, because the conference is competitve, and the games are entertaining. Our game vs. Memphis was a great game by any measure.

• Upvote 1