• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

South Florida working on buyout for Orlando Antigua

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

I dont know.  I'm torn.  I really want to see if he'll do any better with an almost full roster... but I really think after this entire fiasco with his brother and the NCAA we would be better served moving on.  That said, this is his third year and if there will be significant improvement, it will be this year.  If this team stays healthy they'll win 16-17 games.  If they win more than 17, I say keep him.  If they do something improbable like make the NIT... Keep him.  If they make the NCAA... extend him.  Yes... my soul is for sell.  :FIREdevil:

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

Mark Harlan said COA will be back next season........

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,577
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:

So do you guys think that COA will get bought out this fall?  

Thread titles don't lie

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,527
  • Days Won:  28

Nope they will give him a chance like they did Taggart and he will prove everybody wrong. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

21 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Nope they will give him a chance like they did Taggart and he will prove everybody wrong. 

Totally different scenario here. Yeah, if it was strictly a matter of W-L I'd agree, but if there's anything close to incriminating found on him, he gone.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,015
  • Days Won:  469

UNC academic fraud case, for comparison:

"North Carolina admitted wrongdoing in its response to the latest NCAA notice of allegations against it but the school also contends the NCAA is overstepping its bounds in the allegations.

The NCAA re-opened its academic fraud investigation into the school in 2014 and issued an amended notice of allegations in the spring. The investigation surrounded sham classes in the African and Afro-American Studies department that had a disproportionately high enrollment of athletes.

The original investigation resulted in a postseason ban for the North Carolina football team after the 2012 season. Football coach Butch Davis was fired by the school and athletic director **** Baddour stepped down.

.... "

more

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

All I know is that our bball program needs to get it together. We're in too big of a hotbed to not be at least decent. The Domincan Republic is not our answer to our problems. We need to win, and we need to win relatively fast. No more excuses. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,424
  • Days Won:  19

6 hours ago, Bulls_Fan09 said:

I do, but this season could very well be another disaster, so I wouldn't be surprised if we don't.

I can't disagree there. There should be a lot of talent in the state of Florida. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

10 hours ago, OcalaBull2 said:

All I know is that our bball program needs to get it together. We're in too big of a hotbed to not be at least decent. The Domincan Republic is not our answer to our problems. We need to win, and we need to win relatively fast. No more excuses. 

We are?

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

13 hours ago, OcalaBull2 said:

The Domincan Republic is not our answer to our problems.  

I'm seeing this line pop up more and more on this message board. Has anyone from the coaching staff openly stated that the DR is the answer to our problems? From a strictly factual standpoint, we only have one player hailing from the Dominican Republic on our roster for this upcoming season--Andres Feliz:

http://www.gousfbulls.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&SPID=2923&SPSID=36689&DB_OEM_ID=7700

If anything, I see COA recruiting FL and internationally, which I think is a good thing for us right now. Considering we don't have the basketball tradition to lock down our best local players, we need to rely on JuCo's, transfers, international players, and hidden local gems. I'm really interested to see what local standout Troy Baxter brings to the table. In summary, neither the facts nor coaching staff statements support your theory that the DR is considered the answer to our basketball problems, by anyone other than some posters on a message board.

Edited by Paisa el Toro
  • Upvote 1