• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sources: NCAA investigating USF for academic fraud

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

Fire him for cause the minute you can make the case

suspend him tonight pending investigation in the hopes he quits. . . He won't, even though there is no chance in hell he has been betrayed by his own brother.

coa's culpability is inevitable

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, NCBull said:

I've certainly defended him before and will wait for the actual facts to come to light before grabbing a pitchfork...but there's no doubt that this isn't good.  If he is fired tomorrow I won't cry.  I'd still be interested in seeing next season happen if this was a rogue operation with Oliver only.  But that's only because I'm optimistic for a decent season with the incoming roundball class.  I have no goodwill left.

The other thing is that the timing of this is fishy.  Day after the B12 confirms expansion, this comes out?...not sure how serious it really is.  Could be a rival wanting to make a splash, and Oliver fell on the sword.  That's optimistic (or admittedly perhaps naive), but it could be so.

Or it could be we're totally ******, and COA and Harlan sunk our pirate ship for good.

Yeah let's see what's what, this is a good response. Whatever the case, this was going on before this B12 news, since Oliver was taken off the recruiting trail earlier. But that the news broke and the resignation hit today is definitely fishy.

And UCF homers are definitely dumb enough to sink their own ship if they think they can prevent USF from getting the invite.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

Yeah let's see what's what, this is a good response. Whatever the case, this was going on before this B12 news, since Oliver was taken off the recruiting trail earlier. But that the news broke and the resignation hit today is definitely fishy.

And UCF homers are definitely dumb enough to sink their own ship if they think they can prevent USF from getting the invite.

I prefer the term UCFers

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, OcalaBull2 said:

I prefer the term UCFers

make it UCiFers and you're pretty close to lucifer...jus sayin.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, NovaBull said:

So I know everyone is up in arms right now, but how has no one else given J props for his Buzz from Home Alone A, Two, D reference?! 

Kudos to you sir!

I'm glad someone appreciates a solid Home Alone reference in the midst of an academic scandal at their alma mater. It was actual borne out of my being forced away from the standard a, b, c listing system because of the B) function someone hasn't reset.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  239

2 hours ago, Brad said:

The whole gang needs to go....you don't keep a head coach who has a cheating assistant.  Especially a brother who is a cheating assistant.

Tell that to Roy Williams at UNC 

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

We need to find out what happened before anybody gets canned.  Cheating should not be tolerated at all.  USF should be above that, and any parties involved should have their relationship with the university terminated.  If COA wasn't involved, then he should stay. 

BTW,  here is an article from this spring about two of the final 4 with academic fraud allegations in the programs (Syracuse and North Carolina)

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2016/04/01/two-teams-facing-charges-academic-fraud-meet-ncaa-basketball-tournament

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

He should be fired now. His team sucks and his staff committed academic fraud. What does it take to get fired if not what is in front of us? His 2nd in command and own brother had to resign. This investigation stinks and the team stinks, how much stink do you tolerate before you flush the turd? 

Edited by Gismo
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

I am trying to stay away from the internet, but I just can't.  Fellas, I may need a support group.  I was bashing everything USF until late into last year's football season when I finally got on board with what QF was doing.  I was convinced that our market size, academics, and other measurables would  assure us a spot at the P5 table when expansion came around.  Now, here we are, and the expansion media is starting to pick up on the investigation.

If administration knew about this for awhile now, it answers my questions as to why we have not been more vocal about expansion.  I have read a few things that state that the issue may be larger and more significant than I originally thought.  Does anyone have any facts yet?

I was hoping that this would be dealt with quickly, new coaches hired, thus allowing us to focus on putting something together for the Big 12.  Now I have to question why the administration, if they knew, has been dragging their feet, especially with the climate we are in right this moment.  I am an angry, but I just want answers.     

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011

COA needs to go. Burn it all down and start anew.

• Upvote 1