• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sources: NCAA investigating USF for academic fraud

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

36 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Let me start by saying I have no idea what the charges are, but if it is even remotely along the lines of what you're saying, it is a VERY big deal. What that means for punishment, I can't say. But this is far from some trivial mixup. If Oliver Antigua is quitting and it has something to do with a player's transcript, you're talking about an assistant coach actively inserting himself into the academic application process and a) forging a transcript directly to fake the quality of classes, grades, etc. 2) advising a prospective student on how to forge a transcript or d) doing something else not so kosher behind the scenes in the step by step process of a student applying to enroll at USF. There is no scenario where a coach or assistant coach should have his hands on the actual academic enrollment process. It very well may not be a deal breaker and I'm aware of other schools doing worse things, but this is a **** show.

It happens in recruiting.  Not saying it's the case... all of this is pure speculation on everyone's part.  I think it will pass.  I don't foresee a big **** show.  It's not going to be running in the headlines during football season.  

Edited by Calibull
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

25 minutes ago, cmhatter said:

Do you lay low or  do you blow away the entire basketball staff and start over?

I would

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

13 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

MBB program needs an enema

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 minutes ago, Calibull said:

It happens in recruiting.  

Obviously. Or we wouldn't be having this conversation.

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

This was the exact thing that all of the Anti-Antigua people needed to be able to use as an excuse to rant against him. If he is related to the violation then he should be canned immediately, but so many people are over reacting and saying that he should be fired because they hate him, not even talking about what is going on. While this is a huge deal, if the head coach did not know of it going on then there is no reason for him to be fired. I am still confident that he will put a winning product out on the floor next year, and I trust that as long as he didn't know what happened then he will remain the head coach, but we will just have to wait and see.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

4 hours ago, Rex Havoc said:

I find it very ironic this news comes out less than 24 hours after expansion talks. Sounds like ESPN is trying to screw us. 

If we don't get in and UCF does...I'm done watching anything ESPN puts out. 

Do you honestly think ESPN cares about us enough to try and keep us down and prop UCF up?

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,686
  • Days Won:  8

ESPN and Disney care about money. If USF will make more money they will take us.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Bulls_Fan09 said:

This was the exact thing that all of the Anti-Antigua people needed to be able to use as an excuse to rant against him. If he is related to the violation then he should be canned immediately, but so many people are over reacting and saying that he should be fired because they hate him, not even talking about what is going on. While this is a huge deal, if the head coach did not know of it going on then there is no reason for him to be fired. I am still confident that he will put a winning product out on the floor next year, and I trust that as long as he didn't know what happened then he will remain the head coach, but we will just have to wait and see.

I would be worried if he didn't know this was going on...he is in charge of what 15 players?! Surely he would have noticed that a few players had grade problems that suddenly went away...and the allegations are against his brother. Either he has his head in the sand or he knew about it.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Burial ground under the Sun Dome needs an enema! AmIrite, who else is with me?:FIREdevil:

• Upvote 1