• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sources: NCAA investigating USF for academic fraud

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

USF really needs to get out in front of this.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Aside from the Big 12, I sure hope this isn't Troy Baxter related.  That kid might be a star soon.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Two thoughts.

1) Hello, Baylor!

2) Can't be serious violations -when you don't win. Cheat to lose? Nobody will care.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

You were probably thinking about UCF and their recruiting violations ...

1 hour ago, USF_Bullwinkle said:

How did I know you would show up and play the accusations game again? Get off my junk loser.

Didn't accuse you of anything ..... except thinking ..... which WAS my bad.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

10 minutes ago, JupiterBull said:

Aside from the Big 12, I sure hope this isn't Troy Baxter related.  That kid might be a star soon.

I don't think it's him... but you never know.  Also, was reading Collin and he said it actually started under Heath so the NCAA was already looking at us.  It involves some questionable online classes and a transcript.  So I think the transcript could be why Oliver Antigua quit (before they fired him) and the other issue involves some classes player/players enrolled in.  For some reason I don't think it will be as bad as most think.  No investigation is good... but I just don't think this will be a deal breaker. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

20 minutes ago, NAM37 said:

USF really needs to get out in front of this.

USF is playing this smart right now.   Stay low... the news cycle is short.  It will fade and with a great start to the season, it will be a footnote regarding expansion. 

They've known for a while now.  The school just didn't give wind of it.  So they are working behind the scenes and are likely out in front of this.  I think trying to go to the media just makes things worst.  Let the investigation happen and it will end quickly and hopefully as quietly as possible.  

Edited by Calibull

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

57 minutes ago, Calibull said:

I don't think it's him... but you never know.  Also, was reading Collin and he said it actually started under Heath so the NCAA was already looking at us.  It involves some questionable online classes and a transcript.  So I think the transcript could be why Oliver Antigua quit (before they fired him) and the other issue involves some classes player/players enrolled in.  For some reason I don't think it will be as bad as most think.  No investigation is good... but I just don't think this will be a deal breaker. 

Let me start by saying I have no idea what the charges are, but if it is even remotely along the lines of what you're saying, it is a VERY big deal. What that means for punishment, I can't say. But this is far from some trivial mixup. If Oliver Antigua is quitting and it has something to do with a player's transcript, you're talking about an assistant coach actively inserting himself into the academic application process and a) forging a transcript directly to fake the quality of classes, grades, etc. 2) advising a prospective student on how to forge a transcript or d) doing something else not so kosher behind the scenes in the step by step process of a student applying to enroll at USF. There is no scenario where a coach or assistant coach should have his hands on the actual academic enrollment process. It very well may not be a deal breaker and I'm aware of other schools doing worse things, but this is a **** show.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Calibull said:

USF is playing this smart right now.   Stay low... the news cycle is short.  It will fade and with a great start to the season, it will be a footnote regarding expansion. 

They've known for a while now.  The school just didn't give wind of it.  So they are working behind the scenes and are likely out in front of this.  I think trying to go to the media just makes things worst.  Let the investigation happen and it will end quickly and hopefully as quietly as possible.  

Do you lay low or  do you blow away the entire basketball staff and start over?

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

4 minutes ago, cmhatter said:

Do you lay low or  do you blow away the entire basketball staff and start over?

Shitcan everyone.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

MBB program needs an enema