• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF vs ECU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,022
  • Days Won:  38

I like the idea of pulling the starters up by 30 but continuing to play the full playbook with reserves.  We may have a CCG to play for so no need to unnecessarily risk injury to any starter.  

Exactly.  If we are in the running for CCG, I don't see any epic blowout scenarios going down unless our 2nd string is that much better.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

We crushed FAMU earlier this year.

If anything, we have more incentive to do likewise to Central - not less.

That said, pull the starters when appropriate.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Call it bush league, unsportsmanlike, rude, whatever you like, this is a multimillion dollar industry where you're constantly competing against others for resources in players, advertising dollars, sponsorship money, and more. If we have a national forum to completely crush a competitor who essentially shares the same market as us, then we should. For any team in Florida, especially, there is no reason not to absolutely dominate them if given a chance to do so without hurting ourselves. I'm not saying starters need to stay in if we're up by a significant amount, but there's nothing wrong with throwing the ball up by 30 in this circumstance. It's a chance for reserve players to get game experience with these types of plays, and it establishes dominance within the eyes of future recruits, fellow commissioners, bowl representatives, fans, donors, and many more. If we're to stop legitimately playing up by 30, then you should just enact a mercy rule and call the game. If we're up by 30, UCF will still be playing, and therefore so should we. 

This isn't a hug factory. No one needs participation medals. These are young men larger than the majority of us with aspirations to play in a multi-billion dollar industry. Let them experience success and defeat and see if this is for them or not. There's nothing wrong with winning and it's a poor lesson to teach that winning by a large margin through legitimate channels and playing by the rules is a bad thing. Try that ish in the real world and see what happens. I say crush them by 70 if the third string is able to do so.

SPOT ON!

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I will happily take a 1 point win to push us to 7-5 or 8-4. Anything other than that is gravy.

While I agree with you in practicality, a 1-point win would be more than a little concerning.  Yes, they're our rivals and I would expect them to get up for this game more so than any other team, but if we can beat Temple by 3 TDs, I would expect us to win by quite a bit more than 1.   

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,568
  • Days Won:  423

While I agree with you in practicality, a 1-point win would be more than a little concerning.  Yes, they're our rivals and I would expect them to get up for this game more so than any other team, but if we can beat Temple by 3 TDs, I would expect us to win by quite a bit more than 1.   

They had to come back to beat us by only 3 in the worst year of our football program .... then went on to win a BCS bowl. To me, nothing would surprise me in the way this game plays out .... and will only be really pissed if we lose and with that, lose playing in the CCG.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

If we're up by 30 and continually throwing deep, that really shouldn't be construed as trying to run up the score ...

Shouldn't it be that iIf we're up 30 and still running that would be us trying to run up the score? Cause that's what the offense is built on.  

Shouldn't it be that iIf we're up 30 and still running that would be us trying to run up the score? Cause that's what the offense is built on.  

Toe-may-toe ........ toe-mah-toe

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

If our three main rbs get pulled early who totes the rock for us?

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

UCiF always complains about our attendance numbers. UCiF is reporting last nights attendance as 23,734. I am calling 'Bull Crap".

may we NEVER get into an attendance discussion with them again.

Go Bulls,

Ty

If our three main rbs get pulled early who totes the rock for us?

I'd give all the carries to senior Tye Turner as a reward for that awesome snag he made on the onside kick earlier in the year ...