• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF vs ECU

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

Means absolutely nothing to the two teams playing Thursday. 

Not to the teams themselves ..... only to the football gods and those who've seen that anything can happen come game time.

Trip, how many times have you seen us sheet the bed on games we should win over the years....  You're better than this.

Many times .... and I'm not one thinking that we win this game easily but it's not because of what I saw last night and how we played 7 games ago. It's because the football gods are known to have a twisted sense of humor ...... and I am WAY better than this.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

Many times .... and I'm not one thinking that we win this game easily but it's not because of what I saw last night and how we played 7 games ago. It's because the football gods are known to have a twisted sense of humor ...... and I am WAY better than this.

I just hope the fancy fooseball gods are done messing with us.  We need these next 3 wins.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

It would not be the first time that a heavily favored team loses to hapless or even win-less rival.  It wouldn't be the last if it were to happen next Thursday.

I do not saying it will happen but let's just hope it does not happen.

That being said, they are our rival and given the opportunity we should stomp them to a pulp.  Mercy rules are waived for this type of game.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

We got blown out by an FCS team yet it took a comeback by the best team in the history of their program to beat us ... I'm hoping we curb stomp them but it will not be a surprise if we don't.  

Another example is the Lightning should have been run out of the building last night but got a win. Anything can happen in just one game. 

We had Syracuse Crunch south plus took a penalty in the final 2 minutes of a tie game and still pulled out a win lol.  Good analogy.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Wow, if we are going to count drops and unicorns we would win every game 

I'm not counting drops.  I just said spouting off 60 yards is misleading.  And it is.  You know it, I know it, and everyone knows it.  No they shouldn't be counted, but you can't with a straight face spout off a 60 yard game, when everyone knows he deserved a lot more.  It truly wasn't his fault Adams dropped a wide open TD for 60-70 yards, one that would have probably changed the entire game.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

It would not be the first time that a heavily favored team loses to hapless or even win-less rival.  It wouldn't be the last if it were to happen next Thursday.

I do not saying it will happen but let's just hope it does not happen.

That being said, they are our rival and given the opportunity we should stomp them to a pulp.  Mercy rules are waived for this type of game.

Yes, I think the biggest thing here is that we aren't going to take them lightly because they have beaten us the last 2 years.  It's personal for us, it's not like 0-11 SMU team where we just assume we are going to roll.  

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

I'm not counting drops.  I just said spouting off 60 yards is misleading.  And it is.  You know it, I know it, and everyone knows it.  No they shouldn't be counted, but you can't with a straight face spout off a 60 yard game, when everyone knows he deserved a lot more.  It truly wasn't his fault Adams dropped a wide open TD for 60-70 yards, one that would have probably changed the entire game.

I seriously cant believe you are disputing Facts with What If's.  60 yards isn't misleading in any way, it's actual.  There are balls that should be caught but aren't in every game by both teams.  They don't put an asterisk next to completion yards in the record books.

Anyway, let's win tonite!

• Upvote 1

We had Syracuse Crunch south plus took a penalty in the final 2 minutes of a tie game and still pulled out a win lol.  Good analogy.

That was obviously part of the game plan .....Cooper is a genius.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

It's always hard to believe that a team with a record as bad as this year's UCF team truly is as bad as they appear, but if you've watched a few of their games... they really do look awful. I'm not trying to be mean and I completely feel for them as we've been dealing with it for awhile, but they look confused, defeated, and outplayed in every game. They look decent for about 6 mins each game and then it's like watching Alabama vs TheBullspen.com for the rest of it.

Can't count it as a win, yet, but man, they're going to need to start from scratch next year. Rebuilding doesn't begin to describe that one.