• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF vs ECU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  135
  • Days Won:  0

Meanwhile, in Orlando...

CUObB-0XAAE6wIl.png:large

So next Thursday is another "home" game for USF?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  266
  • Days Won:  1

Every team and fan is fair game. That's life. If the announcers want to poke fun, big deal. UCF and their fans need some humble pie. They got away with a lot of subterfuge. Part of that subterfuge helped them win games and go to a Fiesta Bowl. They cheated and they deserve what they are getting right now. I hope it gets worse and I hope the announcers bury them during the game next week. 

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Call it bush league, unsportsmanlike, rude, whatever you like, this is a multimillion dollar industry where you're constantly competing against others for resources in players, advertising dollars, sponsorship money, and more. If we have a national forum to completely crush a competitor who essentially shares the same market as us, then we should. For any team in Florida, especially, there is no reason not to absolutely dominate them if given a chance to do so without hurting ourselves. I'm not saying starters need to stay in if we're up by a significant amount, but there's nothing wrong with throwing the ball up by 30 in this circumstance. It's a chance for reserve players to get game experience with these types of plays, and it establishes dominance within the eyes of future recruits, fellow commissioners, bowl representatives, fans, donors, and many more. If we're to stop legitimately playing up by 30, then you should just enact a mercy rule and call the game. If we're up by 30, UCF will still be playing, and therefore so should we. 

This isn't a hug factory. No one needs participation medals. These are young men larger than the majority of us with aspirations to play in a multi-billion dollar industry. Let them experience success and defeat and see if this is for them or not. There's nothing wrong with winning and it's a poor lesson to teach that winning by a large margin through legitimate channels and playing by the rules is a bad thing. Try that ish in the real world and see what happens. I say crush them by 70 if the third string is able to do so.

Their job is to stop us. CWT's job is to prepare EVERY player to play his best. Remember, we're always one or two plays away from those guys having to play anyway. We have enough sr's leaving that real game experience is crucial to our success next year.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

I get that but if your throwing the ball up 30 then its bush league. I always hated Spurrier for doing that at UF.

If we're up by 30 and continually throwing deep, that really shouldn't be construed as trying to run up the score ...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

If we're up by 30 and continually throwing deep, that really couldn't be construed as trying to run up the score ...

if they don't like it, they should just stop us :D

because you know they would do the same thing

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

if they don't like it, they should just stop us :D

because you know they would do the same thing

As a rule, we've pretty much stopped ourselves when throwing deep ....

Changed my original statement to "that really shouldn't be construed as trying to run up the score" ...

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

As a rule, we've pretty much stopped ourselves when throwing deep ....

well there's that too

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I like the idea of pulling the starters up by 30 but continuing to play the full playbook with reserves.  We may have a CCG to play for so no need to unnecessarily risk injury to any starter.  

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I will happily take a 1 point win to push us to 7-5 or 8-4. Anything other than that is gravy.