• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF vs ECU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Can you imagine if UCF goes through what we went through the last 5 seasons? Will they have any fan base left if they win 2-4 games a year in that stretch? I had no idea it was that bad..

I hope we keep it classy and not run up the score IF we get a good lead on this team. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Can you imagine if UCF goes through what we went through the last 5 seasons? Will they have any fan base left if they win 2-4 games a year in that stretch? I had no idea it was that bad..

I hope we keep it classy and not run up the score IF we get a good lead on this team. 

I can't see CWT running up the score.  With that said, if we get up a lot early, our subs do need game experience with the full playbook.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

I'm torn on this sentiment. I'm usually not about running up the score or kicking someone when they're down. But this is UCF, it's our rivalry game and we need to kick their teeth in. They would have done the same to us if they could but even at their best they couldn't.

However, once we have a good lead, we need to pull our starters to avoid injuries especially since a CCG might be in play and we need a healthy team. But if we can put some guys in to get playing time, keep our foot on the gas, and 64-12 them, then so be it. It fuels the rivalry.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

I hope you realize that trams that are running up the score aren't actually trying to, they're just running the ball and going untouched. Almost every play that I saw in the second half was a run or a short pass, but the score still went up.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

I hope you realize that trams that are running up the score aren't actually trying to, they're just running the ball and going untouched. Almost every play that I saw in the second half was a run or a short pass, but the score still went up.

I get that but if your throwing the ball up 30 then its bush league. I always hated Spurrier for doing that at UF.

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

We can stop at 64... Let them feel what getting 5 years of frustration off our backs feels like!!

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,631
  • Days Won:  3

They are horrible at pretty much every aspect of the game. Looks like a high school football game with all those open bleacher seats. 

High school indeed - as I mentioned on another thread, if we ever do get an OCS I hope our lighting is good enough to not have 4 shadows around every player on the field.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,631
  • Days Won:  3

Call it bush league, unsportsmanlike, rude, whatever you like, this is a multimillion dollar industry where you're constantly competing against others for resources in players, advertising dollars, sponsorship money, and more. If we have a national forum to completely crush a competitor who essentially shares the same market as us, then we should. For any team in Florida, especially, there is no reason not to absolutely dominate them if given a chance to do so without hurting ourselves. I'm not saying starters need to stay in if we're up by a significant amount, but there's nothing wrong with throwing the ball up by 30 in this circumstance. It's a chance for reserve players to get game experience with these types of plays, and it establishes dominance within the eyes of future recruits, fellow commissioners, bowl representatives, fans, donors, and many more. If we're to stop legitimately playing up by 30, then you should just enact a mercy rule and call the game. If we're up by 30, UCF will still be playing, and therefore so should we. 

This isn't a hug factory. No one needs participation medals. These are young men larger than the majority of us with aspirations to play in a multi-billion dollar industry. Let them experience success and defeat and see if this is for them or not. There's nothing wrong with winning and it's a poor lesson to teach that winning by a large margin through legitimate channels and playing by the rules is a bad thing. Try that ish in the real world and see what happens. I say crush them by 70 if the third string is able to do so.

Well said.  Our growth starts with recruiting and we can't get near UF and FSU without ensuring that we've past UCF in that area.  It needs to be very clear to recruits that the future is much brighter at USF.  UCF has done enough on their own this year to make that point, but if we have a chance to put an exclamation point on it, we need to do just that.

So I agree with UCF and any other Florida team that recruits heavily in our area.  Any other team, I say sit the starters, run the ball, and kill the clock if up by 30.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  432
  • Days Won:  0

Call it bush league, unsportsmanlike, rude, whatever you like, this is a multimillion dollar industry where you're constantly competing against others for resources in players, advertising dollars, sponsorship money, and more. If we have a national forum to completely crush a competitor who essentially shares the same market as us, then we should. For any team in Florida, especially, there is no reason not to absolutely dominate them if given a chance to do so without hurting ourselves. I'm not saying starters need to stay in if we're up by a significant amount, but there's nothing wrong with throwing the ball up by 30 in this circumstance. It's a chance for reserve players to get game experience with these types of plays, and it establishes dominance within the eyes of future recruits, fellow commissioners, bowl representatives, fans, donors, and many more. If we're to stop legitimately playing up by 30, then you should just enact a mercy rule and call the game. If we're up by 30, UCF will still be playing, and therefore so should we. 

This isn't a hug factory. No one needs participation medals. These are young men larger than the majority of us with aspirations to play in a multi-billion dollar industry. Let them experience success and defeat and see if this is for them or not. There's nothing wrong with winning and it's a poor lesson to teach that winning by a large margin through legitimate channels and playing by the rules is a bad thing. Try that ish in the real world and see what happens. I say crush them by 70 if the third string is able to do so.

This! Without risking injuries to our starters, we need to put our foot on their throat and keep them gasping for air till the clock reads 00:00.