• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We all were wrong about Willie T.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,286
  • Days Won:  10

Our program still has many more miles to go filled with ups and downs.   CWT and the players brought it all together last night.   I think this season will be a big boost in our recruiting efforts next year.   We have hung in with Florida State and Navy two legitimate top 20 teams.   We have seen improvements all season with small set backs in various places.  Example, Navy and kicking.   I was on the fence about CWT.   Areas such as play calling I thought was way to conservative.  Should have won the Maryland game but our team did not have the right game plan or mindset to win that one.  Navy, I think we had injuries to key players combined with the inability to stop the triple option.  

For sure Skip Holtz left this program in a mess.   It has taken a while to undo that and we still have a ways to go.

Overall, CWT can get very conservative.  Last night play calling was better and seems to change per the type of team we are playing.    Tom Allen is really someone who has had a major impact on the program.  That guy is the reason our defense has improved.

Looking forward to rest of the season and next Friday night.   Going to tailgate like a mad man.  

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

Can someone explain the QBR?

I can't, but it was of great importance to many people during the first third of the season 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

I'm pretty sure a lot of us said this year is it...win it or move on. That does not make one 'wrong'. It was up to Taggart to produce results, not up to fans to sit patiently year after year in hopes that something good comes from that wait. And let's remember, it's one (resounding) win over a team with a winning record. How will we feel if over the next three years USF finishes mid-pack (as we have done in the past)? A winning season this year was pretty much mandatory. Some set that bar at bowl-or-termination. I thought we'd have five wins at most. 

Why is there reservation with your acknowledgment of CWT doing a good job. I'm sure the OP wasn't referring to the win or bust crowd. I feel it's understood that he's addressing the "CWT please walk home" crowd. A winning season is always mandatory, but not always guaranteed. He has taken a dumpster fire and created a football team worth watching. I like to answer your question with a question, how will we feel if we win the conference this year or next? How will we feel if we are a top 25 team next year? Everything isn't gloom and doom. I just can't stand how everything, even wins over a very good, not just winning record but a top 25 team is celebrated with reservation. Some were being spoiled "I want it yesterday" fans and have built up a hate for CWT that was always unjustified. Admit you were wrong (privately) and celebrate with us. This is the house CWT built, get on the bus and ride back home! 

Edited by TromBull12

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

I wish QF's QBR was higher 

Can someone explain the QBR?

I can't, but it was of great importance to many people during the first third of the season 

Q had a QBR of 86.4!! What more do ya want :D Go Bulls!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

We were not "all wrong".  The only time I doubted Taggart was when he put Bench in during the Maryland game.  Flowers was in the process of emerging into the player he is today.  Do you guys remember the series before Bench?  That move lost us the game IMO.

Being on the bus does not mean I was happy with the product on the field, just that I knew CWT inherited a dumpster fire and we needed to have patience.

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

By the way I know myself and some others believed CWT needed this season to make a fair evaluation.  There were many positives that CWT has displayed as a head coach which I have espoused on in different threads.

One real surprise has been QF though, and while I still think the learning curve cost us some games early in the season, CWT seems to have made the right decision at QB. That call is all CWT and no one can say otherwise. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Always supported CWT but I was wavering after Maryland. Essentially I was just tired of losing. But the man has turned it around and DEVELOPED a QB that may be considered as good if not better than any in USF history (time will tell). 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

I'm not sure who's impressed me more this year, CWT or QF.

both.  I think the difference maker was when Q told Taggart " I want to open it up and leave nothing in the playbook"