• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We all were wrong about Willie T.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  432
  • Days Won:  0

I had faith CWT would turn things around all along. Me and my wife have met him several times and we REALLY like the guy and want to see him do well at USF. I was starting to waiver a bit after the Maryland game, but my faith is fully restored that CWT is the guy to get the job done here! I'm happy for our players and our seniors especially but mostly I am really happy for CWT! He has worked hard to get this team heading in the right direction!

taggart_temple.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

On a different note, if Woulard plays up to his potential going into the Fall, you have to start the kid over Q. Flowers. He is pound for pound a better QB.

You play the best player - you don't reward someone just because they turned something around. You're always trying to get to the next level in football.   

Having seen him throw on several occasions, I don't think there's any question AW has the more polished, stronger arm. However, like you said you play the best player and although AW might have killed it with an offensive style like we had last season, QF is the man to beat with this offense. His legs and his management of the game & team make him the better player right now.

But CWT has shown he's not just going to hand the ball to the winner of the competition and leave it at that. They have to continue being the best player to keep the ball, like O'Korn at Houston. QF is a baller, the competition is his to lose at this point IMO.

Edited by raptorcj
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

It seems like everybody has forgotten that CWT had us trying to play like Wisconsin...

Anyway, we've turned the corner on everything now. It's all good!

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I know what I watched for the first 2.5 years of his Coach Taggart's tenure. He was literally one loss away from being fired IMO. I've never seen a team truly make a 180 like this team has and I'm very proud right now. Heck, while some of you were talking about a potential bowl game a week or two ago, I was saying the way we were playing we were lining up for a conference championship berth versus the USNA.

Either way, I'm as surprised as the next guy with the turn around (and not afraid to say that if we had lost to Syracuse, I don't think Coach Taggart is still leading our squad). I wanted Taggart to succeed from the get go - but a lot of the decision making was poor to say the least (still no excuse to lose to a FCS school). Even in the UConn game, I was wondering what the hell Coach Taggart was thinking by not calling a timeout before we took the penalty on the FG for the play clock running out. If we lose that game, Harlan could easily pinpoint that scenario as a key point when Coach Taggart demonstrated a lack of leadership. Furthermore, after four games, success with this team was the furthest thing from my imagination. It seems since then that the muzzle has been taken off of Flowers and the playbook has been opened up to allow him to do his thing.

The coach's seat couldn't have gotten any hotter - and I'm glad as a former player that he's turned the corner. I didn't want to see Coach Holtz go either - but I also recognized the writing was on the wall. When a coach fails, it means the team fails - and it's a direct reflection on the program. Nothing seem worse than wearing your USF clothing around and people wondering how we can play so poorly while having a prime location in Florida. Believe me - I want us to win non-stop. If Coach Taggart wasn't getting it done, I would want someone else that could.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

I'm still not sold on him, especially with his adjustments, but he's doing better than i thought after the start we had.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,467
  • Days Won:  422

Flowers is the team leader THIS season, but we are talking about making that next step. Look at Ward at Houston. Anyone recall the true frosh that lit us up two years ago - wasn't Korn or something to that fact? Where is he now? You play the best player - you don't reward someone just because they turned something around. You're always trying to get to the next level in football.   

O'Korn started the next year and lost his job on the game field, not the practice field. Unless something catastrophic happens with QF between now and next fall, he's starting the first game next season. Doesn't mean he'll finish the season that way, though ...

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

O'Korn started the next year and lost his job on the game field, not the practice field. Unless something catastrophic happens with QF between now and next fall, he's starting the first game next season. Doesn't mean he'll finish the season that way, though ...

But His QBR says he can't lose. I love QFs though and if he keeps baking AW will see the field in garbage time. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

It's nice to see the result match the potential. The Temple game was the most complete effort we've put forth in a very, very long time.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I'll be sold if we finish out the season with three more wins and then we make our bowl game interesting. The next three games are all winnable - Cinci, UCF and then Navy. When Taggart handed over the play calling duty to someone else, that's when things changed for this program. 

On a different note, if Woulard plays up to his potential going into the Fall, you have to start the kid over Q. Flowers. He is pound for pound a better QB. I love what Q has done for us these last five games, but at the same time, you play the best player - not the fan and media darling (see how OSU rolled with their QB situation). Asianti can deliver the ball and with the separation our receivers are showing game in and game out, there's no reason why we should be settling for overthrow ball after overthrown ball (with an occasional completion). Q is reeling the overthrown balls in - don't get me wrong - but we are missing on more of those deep balls than we are hitting on. With a running game that is legitimate and Woulard also offering a duel threat with his legs, why would you NOT start the QB that is more accurate? I get it - Flowers is the team leader THIS season, but we are talking about making that next step. Look at Ward at Houston. Anyone recall the true frosh that lit us up two years ago - wasn't Korn or something to that fact? Where is he now? You play the best player - you don't reward someone just because they turned something around. You're always trying to get to the next level in football.   

If QF wins 3 more games, puts up 2200 yards passing 1000 yards rushing for 30+ combined TD's there's no way in heck Woulard will ever see the field next year, except in garbage time.  That's a fact.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

The very same argument that has everyone on QF, "AW has never seen the field in a college game" is the exact reason why no one can make the prediction he won't be the starter next year. I agree that if all things are equal after the summer, it's QF's job to lose, but if AW is lights out in Spring and Summer, good for him and he should start.