• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We all were wrong about Willie T.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

I was not a fan of CWT's last year and the beginning of this year.  When he finally opened up the playbook (was it the booing of the play calling at the Memphis game or something related to that game that changed his thinking) I felt a bit more comfortable.  But I am on record saying that my belief is that in college a coach should get 4 years in spite of my reservations.  Looks like he'll get 4 years at least.  I hope to God this ship has turned around.  It really changes nothing in my life, but walking out of Ray Jay with a smile on my face is just so, so freaking good.  To see people standing on 3rd down and being loud is fun.  Now just add another 10k people to the stadium doing that and you have a really fun atmosphere.

• Upvote 4

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

Thread title is not correct. We are not ALL wrong. 

+1000 ... The smart money on this board was waiting until, at least, the end of this season for a judgment.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

I knew last year we would be good.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

+1000 ... The smart money on this board was waiting until, at least, the end of this season for a judgment.

Yup. Some of us saw the flashes of ability becoming more and more frequent each week through the losses. Others were too busy "demanding excellence" to see what was so evident to the rest of us. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Thread title is not correct. We are not ALL wrong. 

yep

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I'll be sold if we finish out the season with three more wins and then we make our bowl game interesting. The next three games are all winnable - Cinci, UCF and then Navy. When Taggart handed over the play calling duty to someone else, that's when things changed for this program. 

On a different note, if Woulard plays up to his potential going into the Fall, you have to start the kid over Q. Flowers. He is pound for pound a better QB. I love what Q has done for us these last five games, but at the same time, you play the best player - not the fan and media darling (see how OSU rolled with their QB situation). Asianti can deliver the ball and with the separation our receivers are showing game in and game out, there's no reason why we should be settling for overthrow ball after overthrown ball (with an occasional completion). Q is reeling the overthrown balls in - don't get me wrong - but we are missing on more of those deep balls than we are hitting on. With a running game that is legitimate and Woulard also offering a duel threat with his legs, why would you NOT start the QB that is more accurate? I get it - Flowers is the team leader THIS season, but we are talking about making that next step. Look at Ward at Houston. Anyone recall the true frosh that lit us up two years ago - wasn't Korn or something to that fact? Where is he now? You play the best player - you don't reward someone just because they turned something around. You're always trying to get to the next level in football.   

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Taggart is still calling the plays...

Taggart is still calling the plays...

Things are going well we can't have CWT getting any credit now can we? 

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Or Flowers, apparently...

• Upvote 1

I'll be sold if we finish out the season with three more wins and then we make our bowl game interesting. The next three games are all winnable - Cinci, UCF and then Navy. When Taggart handed over the play calling duty to someone else, that's when things changed for this program. 

On a different note, if Woulard plays up to his potential going into the Fall, you have to start the kid over Q. Flowers. He is pound for pound a better QB. I love what Q has done for us these last five games, but at the same time, you play the best player - not the fan and media darling (see how OSU rolled with their QB situation). Asianti can deliver the ball and with the separation our receivers are showing game in and game out, there's no reason why we should be settling for overthrow ball after overthrown ball (with an occasional completion). Q is reeling the overthrown balls in - don't get me wrong - but we are missing on more of those deep balls than we are hitting on. With a running game that is legitimate and Woulard also offering a duel threat with his legs, why would you NOT start the QB that is more accurate? I get it - Flowers is the team leader THIS season, but we are talking about making that next step. Look at Ward at Houston. Anyone recall the true frosh that lit us up two years ago - wasn't Korn or something to that fact? Where is he now? You play the best player - you don't reward someone just because they turned something around. You're always trying to get to the next level in football.   

If Flowers can make the same kind of improvement we've seen from him between last season and now Woulard won't sniff the field unless he's a legit NFL starter kind of player. People are putting an awfully big amount of faith in a guy who's never produced at an elite level in games at any level. Games are played in pads and helmets not compression gear....