• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF a Better Coaching Job Than Miami?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

Had a conversation with a UM grad who stays abreast of football there.  His thoughts are that Shalala (sp?) wanted to get rid of the Thug U stuff and actually, you know, put students in the student athlete positions.  Until she is gone, which is soon from what he said, you can expect UM to struggle in football.  

Donna Shalala is no longer the president of UM, she stepped down in August, and sadly suffered a stroke in September.  Not sure of her current medical condition. 

Julio Frenk is the new president of UM.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

I just copied a link.  No where did I say I agreed or put stock in the statements.  Do they bother me, yes, they do.  I have been pumped full of pro UCF media for the last few years.  Now, finally, a dumpster fire ensues and somehow they get free stuff and continued POSITIVE media attention.  It baffles me.  

Poor choice of words on my part.  It was early in the morning.

The UCF article kind of cherry picked the whole conversation.  Most of the press is reporting on how Paul Finebaum called UM a dumpster fire and that they should shut down the program.  Somehow the conversation briefly lead to UCF since their coach just stepped down and both schools have openings.  Typical incendiary statements from Finebaum.  If it was on his radio show, he probably had his hillbilly audience hooting and hollering over those statements just like the Duke boys when the General Lee jumps over a collapsed bridge.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  807
  • Days Won:  1

Paul Finebaum is a clown. 

Top jobs in country are USC, Miami and South Carolina in that order.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Miami needs a COACH. I could recruit to UM, there is no way UCF is a better job. With the right hire, UM will be winning ACC championships within 2 years, maybe next year. Their roster is full of talent and will continue to be.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

I can only say, what are you smoking? Who the hell thinks a school that can barely recruit their own backyard is a better job than one that have a losing season and still get a top 30 class (at least). I don't buy any of the UCIF bs. They are a fade and will fade faster than JNCOs. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Miami has had a string of bad coaches once they get a solid hire they will be back really quick like Fsu.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

I can only say, what are you smoking? Who the hell thinks a school that can barely recruit their own backyard is a better job than one that have a losing season and still get a top 30 class (at least). I don't buy any of the UCIF bs. They are a fade and will fade faster than JNCOs. 

I did not write the article an do not agree with it.  That was not the intent of my post, it was out of frustration that even through their disastrous season, UCF still seems to be some weird media darling.  As far as your second question, that would be Paul Finebaum and Danny Kanell.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

I did not write the article an do not agree with it.  That was not the intent of my post, it was out of frustration that even through their disastrous season, UCF still seems to be some weird media darling.  As far as your second question, that would be Paul Finebaum and Danny Kanell.

I got that from reading the thread. That wasn't aimed at you, I am just generally repulsed by seeing that being said. The other contributing fact is that I arrived in California yesterday and was up until 11 pacific after waking up at 5 am eastern for travel and I have know idea about anything rn. I love being out here, but the first couple of days can be rough.

so just to sum up nothing personal, sorry if it sounded that way. I am out of my mind tired.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

(being completely objective on this)

When comparing Miami and UCF jobs, it has to be more than just money an athletic department can pay.  Facilities, OCS, indoor practice field, room for growth (facility expansion), fan support (loyalty/nut huggers), access to recruiting grounds, etc..

Based on all of the above, I would have to say UCF > UM.  And not just for the above listing.  One would have to think, if UCF gets the right guy for their program, that guy could be the one to either help the AAC become part of the discussion (Power 6), or, possibly take them to a P5 conference when realignment rears it's ugly head again.

You're ******** me, right? Here's what UCF has over Miami. An on-campus high school stadium. So for 6 weekends a year, UCF gets to play on campus and Miami takes a bus. Every other day of the entire year, Miami gives it to UCF hard and dry anyway they'd like to.