• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF a Better Coaching Job Than Miami?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,012
  • Days Won:  38

Miami has been pretty bad for years.  I wonder what a good Miami team would draw?  That said, their fan base kind of sucks.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

You couldn't get an announced average of 40k+ for a 9-3, co conference championship team, following the best best year in the history of your program so please spare us that nonsense ...

38K or whatever it was for a few games in 45K Bowl configuration On Campus Stadium is a much better atmosphere than what every Miami home is at 70K Dolphins Stadium with the exception of the FSU game

Miami is a better job bc it's in the ACC but there are some coaches that will shy away from that job bc of the stadium and administration issues

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

If Miami gets Mark Richt, they'll be back in 2 years.

mhU7RdnK_normal.png SXM College Sports @SiriusXMCollege

"It's not a distraction for me. I know Georgia is where I want to be. This is where I want to finish my coaching career." @MarkRicht on #Mia

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

38K or whatever it was for a few games in 45K Bowl configuration On Campus Stadium is a much better atmosphere than what every Miami home is at 70K Dolphins Stadium with the exception of the FSU game

Miami is a better job bc it's in the ACC but there are some coaches that will shy away from that job bc of the stadium and administration issues

I got it.  Your argument is:  "This is a great coaching job, because if we can have even mediocre attendance our dinky little Wok looks almost full".

I gotta tell you, that doesn't sound as impressive as you seem to think it does.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

I got it.  Your argument is:  "This is a great coaching job, because if we can have even mediocre attendance our dinky little Wok looks almost full".

I gotta tell you, that doesn't sound as impressive as you seem to think it does.

No if there is a rising coach who's ultimate goal is a program like USC, Texas, ND, or Florida. Quick success at UCF might be a better stepping stone vs going to Miami given the track record of their last 3 coaches. Some coaches might have that mindset if they have zero ties to Miami's Program

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  256
  • Days Won:  0

Had a conversation with a UM grad who stays abreast of football there.  His thoughts are that Shalala (sp?) wanted to get rid of the Thug U stuff and actually, you know, put students in the student athlete positions.  Until she is gone, which is soon from what he said, you can expect UM to struggle in football.  

sounds like Genshaft 

• Downvote 3

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Not sure if this was or still is true, but I believe Richt had/has an option in his contract to bolt for Miami whenevs.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720
  • Days Won:  3

At UCF you can kill a player and not get fired. 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,517
  • Days Won:  422

Administration issues are one thing but I sincerely doubt that where a team plays plays any type of significant part in a coach deciding where he wants to coach ...

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

No if there is a rising coach who's ultimate goal is a program like USC, Texas, ND, or Florida. Quick success at UCF might be a better stepping stone vs going to Miami given the track record of their last 3 coaches. Some coaches might have that mindset if they have zero ties to Miami's Program

The same could be said for any school.  If UCF wants an up and coming coordinator, they would be interested.  Current head coach is a different story.  Fuentes isn't leaving Memphis for UCF, but he'd leave for Miami in a nanosecond.  Miami is simply on a different tier.