• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF a Better Coaching Job Than Miami?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Another silly post.  Miami has invested over 12 mill in facilities in the last 5 yrs,  and are about to announce an indoor facility.  Miami will never have an OCS,  the campus is like one third the size of USF and there is no room.  Remember Miami just signed a HUUUUGE Adidas contract that started a couple of months ago.  Theres a reason whyvMiami just paid 7 mill to fire Golden...... $ is no longer an issue

If you would actually read the thread, I corrected myself already.  Did not realize they had finally completed the facilities Golden had been promised for years.

The one thing Miami has going against it is that as long as Shalala is there it will not return to the days Thug U.  She - shockingly - expects their football players to be students first.

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

Miami is still the better place. Better conference and probably can recruit better talent if they find a good coach.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  360
  • Days Won:  0

According to these announcers they are. Am I missing something??? UCF had ONE good season that only happened cause of Bortles. I really don't get people's obsession with them 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,009
  • Days Won:  38

According to these announcers they are. Am I missing something??? UCF had ONE good season that only happened cause of Bortles. I really don't get people's obsession with them 

These announcers LOVE UCF.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

If you would actually read the thread, I corrected myself already.  Did not realize they had finally completed the facilities Golden had been promised for years.

The one thing Miami has going against it is that as long as Shalala is there it will not return to the days Thug U.  She - shockingly - expects their football players to be students first.

Shalala stepped down.  She is no longer associated with UM.

Most university presidents want their student athletes to be students first, except for maybe half of the SEC, which is just a semi-pro league for the NFL.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Most university presidents want their student athletes to be students first

Not true, though they say that their actions betray them.  Shalala was one of the few true to her word.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

So ridiculous that these so called "experts" are claiming ucf is the better job. 

Word is Miami is willing to pay $4 million a season to their next coach. That''s about 4 times more a year than what ucf's next coach will get. If both coaches get 5 year deals that's $20 million vs. probably about $5 million total?  

At Miami with the right coaching and recruiting you can win a national championship. The most talent rich area in the world for football recruiting is right in their backyard. On top of that, at worst they're 3rd in line in Florida when it comes to recruiting and all it would take is the right coach for it to be 1A, 1B, 1C between Miami, FSU, and Florida for recruits again. ucf looks like it's 5th in line in my opinion. Miami has tradition and so many stud NFL players to come out of there to make them an even more attractive destination for recruits. 

Miami's division in the ACC is pretty weak. UNC, Pittsburgh, Duke, Virginia, Virginia Tech, and Georgia Tech. As long as you're recruiting it shouldn't be difficult to be in the ACC championship game consistently. 

The only thing ucf could say it has an advantage with is there is less pressure to win. I would think just about every sane person would agree that $20 mil > $5 mil is better, easier to recruit > harder to recruit is better, better chance of success at a high level (BCS bowl games, national championships) > AAC anything is better, etc. 

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

Actually, one GREAT season and several good seasons.

Saying UCF's Fiesta Bowl season was ONLY because of Bortles is like saying Florida won a NC only because they had Tebow or FSU won a NC only because they had Winston.  Every team that wins  does so because they have a very good to great QB.

Beating up on 3-9 Marshall's, 2-10 Southern Miss's, 1-11 UAB's, for most of your wins doesn't mean you had a good season in my eyes. You beat up on such garbage year after year in conference USA. Hope you're enjoying the winless season which will turn out to be your 2nd in less than 15 years. 

• Upvote 1