• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF a Better Coaching Job Than Miami?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

You're ******** me, right? Here's what UCF has over Miami. An on-campus high school stadium. So for 6 weekends a year, UCF gets to play on campus and Miami takes a bus. Every other day of the entire year, Miami gives it to UCF hard and dry anyway they'd like to.

So what you are saying.....Is that we should maybe build an OCS, maybe around the MOSI site?  

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

USC is clearly better.  Miami is questionable.  Their facilities need serious work, work the university has been unwilling to fund.  If they want a quality coach, there will have to be some gurantees in the contract about facility upgrades.  Sure they have won national titles in the past.  So has Army.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

not even close

miami is one of the best jobs in usa

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

(being completely objective on this)

When comparing Miami and UCF jobs, it has to be more than just money an athletic department can pay.  Facilities, OCS, indoor practice field, room for growth (facility expansion), fan support (loyalty/nut huggers), access to recruiting grounds, etc..

Based on all of the above, I would have to say UCF > UM.  And not just for the above listing.  One would have to think, if UCF gets the right guy for their program, that guy could be the one to either help the AAC become part of the discussion (Power 6), or, possibly take them to a P5 conference when realignment rears it's ugly head ag

Total absurdity .... and the fact that you put "fan support" in there shows you're not being totally objective. They couldn't sell out their OCS one time the year following the best year in the history of the program .... even when the opener was a school a half hour away that brought plenty of fans of their own.

What UCF has over Miami .......not having a legacy to live up to.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Fan support, right. So GOL gives them steady growth in CUSA and a championship or two, then gets their team to two back-to-back conference championships in the first two years of the AAC's existence, then has a bad year with some injuries and graduations--to their fans, that's grounds for immediate dismissal when he had enough fan & admin support to get the interim AD tag just months before. Talk about a killer rollercoaster, how long did UM put up with losing teams under Golden?

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

Finebaum and DK weren't the first to bring it up....There is chatter through agent back channels and even as a UCF guy I am pleasantly surprised how much the UCF job is being praised.

And I'll take the UCF fanbase anyday over Miami within the State of Florida. A good UCF team will get 40k + in an intimate college first venue with a very nice pre game tailgate setup, outside of the FSU game Miami a bush league setup as Dabo Sweeney called it. Miami these days has Alabama expectations but with Temple pre 2015 support

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

UCF is definitely a more attractive job than Miami...hahahaha...sorry, even I couldn't post this crap with a straight face.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

And I'll take the UCF fanbase anyday over Miami within the State of Florida. 

I don't know about that, both schools have super duchy fans. I think the tin-men take it though. Not many fans will slash the tires of an opponents ADs car.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I don't know about that, both schools have super duchy fans. I think the tin-men take it though. Not many fans will slash the tires of an opponents ADs car.

That's true, UM's fanbase would just jack his car straight out, so he'd just have to get a rental car in that case. :lol:

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

UCF is definitely a more attractive job than Miami...hahahaha...sorry, even I couldn't post this crap with a straight face.

Excellent, now Mr. Yoda has turned on them as well.