• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Quinton flowers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Not race baiting. Its human nature. I would understand it in the NFL. Black QB's dont win championships in the NFL. In College its a different story. I am a 27 year old White Republican by the way. Just calling it like I see it.

Na, you're a race baiting douche. USF has had two exceptional black QBs. If Flowers was as talented as Daniels, Grothe or Blackwell he woukd be accepted just like the other 3. Race has nothing to do with it. Don't even try us with that dumb ****. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  246
  • Days Won:  0

Not race baiting. Its human nature. I would understand it in the NFL. Black QB's dont win championships in the NFL. In College its a different story. I am a 27 year old White Republican by the way. Just calling it like I see it.

Let me know when flowers gets USF to #2 in the country. Then we can talk about why everybody misses Grothe, and not the guy who pretty much lost his first game against winless SMU, and a bad Maryland team. Youre an idiot. Do you even believe what youre saying?

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I'm not sure where this "Grothe didn't have the weapons Flowers had and had to do it all himself" chatter is absolutely crazy.   It tells me that some of you either don't remember the Grothe years, or are just absolutely making up your own stories.  This is kinda crazy. 

i am looking at Grothe's first year vs Flowers' First year. Because of suspensions, going into the first half of the year Colby Erskine was the only RB (He started as a RB) on the roster who had played in a game before that year. The best receiver was Ean Randolph who was playing division 2 the year before, Amp Hill who just transferred in and could barely walk. Early in his career Grothe was a one man show. The supporting cast was all young and inexperienced. 

The one thing that team had in common with this year was a good defense. 

The suspended players who all were kicked off the team eventually were supposed to be the core of that team. All pretty good players. 

Edited by usfgrad84

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,117
  • Days Won:  6

Randolph was a gamer in spite of his size but I would take our current group over who we had then.  

Let's see, Erskine or Mack/Tice/Johnson...Erksine was a hard worked but would never see the field.

Did we have any tight ends back then?  We did and I liked their grit but they were blockers if I recall.  We don't use Price and Dillon enough but it is not due to lack of talent.

I do not think it is crazy to say Grothe had to do more with a lot less.  I did watch the games like everyone else and I saw teams like Rutgers neutralize him (since he was only one person) and what happened to the offense.  Who else did we have back then to step up and make plays?

I am glad we are comparing the two because Grothe was awesome and I like the idea of having a good QB again but the comparison is difficult to make because they were different, the teams were different and even the competition was different.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,077
  • Days Won:  39

Basically here is how I see it.  Through a lot of the first half and into the 3rd, the throws were awful.  Even the short passes are behind or no where near receivers giving the defense time to run up on them and tackle.  BUT there are enough passes caught to win at the moment.  It is a team sport after all.  I don't think they could ever be great with this QB but 6-7 wins would be good progress this year.  Next year I would expect someone that can throw accurately to take the role and then USF will be really tough to stop.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

i am looking at Grothe's first year vs Flowers' First year. Because of suspensions, going into the first half of the year Colby Erskine was the only RB (He started as a RB) on the roster who had played in a game before that year. The best receiver was Ean Randolph who was playing division 2 the year before, Amp Hill who just transferred in and could barely walk. Early in his career Grothe was a one man show. The supporting cast was all young and inexperienced. 

The one thing that team had in common with this year was a good defense. 

The suspended players who all were kicked off the team eventually were supposed to be the core of that team. All pretty good players. 

Dude you're insane. SJ Green? Taurus Johnson? Jessie Hester? Amarri Jackson? Ean Randolph? Carlton Mitchell? That's probably the most talented cast of receivers we've ever had on this team at one time. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

You're the only one that has even had that come to their mind so it may be your nature. Speak for yourself not everyone on the board.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

This thread is why we can't have nice things ....

• Upvote 3