• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I don't care what the scoreboard says...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

Horrible how???? He's the reason we're in the game

Jeez, here we go again....are you related to QF or something ?

QF played a good controlled game, but the fact is he can't throw and/or accurately.

No we're not related. I'm just trying to get a gage on what you expect from a sophomore quarterback in Tallahassee vs.a extremely talented defense and secondary.

Did he miss a couple passes yes. Did he cost us the game? Did he put the team in jeopardy? I would say no to both. He made it competitive and kept us in the game. We only have so many weapons and we did what we could. FSU'S quarterback didn't fare too much better, if not for Cook... I mean who could have been back there to make you happy? What could have been done differently by the quarterback?

We go in expecting to get blown out and since that didn't happen we're pissed at the offense and qb???

Completely absurd. Bench was promised playing time. and got zero.

You questioned if he were related to Flowers yet I'm kind of curious, are you related to Bench?

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Defense will keep us in games. We were in this game for a half. Same as games we played last year. Not sure the offense is really that much improved. Flowers missed several open receivers and there really wasn't much pressure on him. He certainly is an athletic guy. Maybe I am missing something, but I am not seeing dynamic running ability that would warrant making this such a one dimensional team.

I don't know what to make of Taggart as a play caller. There were a few interesting plays that were open and well designed. But then again, no matter how we line up most run plays filter back inside the tackles. If the defense is loading the box he does nothing to stretch the defense out. McCants is supposed to be dynamic. Not one catch yet. Barr is fast, Adams, fast, one sweep all day? I understand FSU has fast defenders, but nothing to at least keep them honest? Nothing down the seam until the last play of the game to Dillon. The only effective pass play in 2 weeks, so far, is a wheel route.

I am sure a big part of the limited play calling is Flowers' passing ability. Flowers had 38 yards running. Does that warrant limiting the rest of the offense?

Still a lot questions. Can we get 6 wins? No idea.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Trom,

QF is a competitor and it looks like he has a short memory, which is good for a QB, but his throws are either rainbows or off the mark a lot. Until he fixes that, USF will struggle on offense against decent defenses.

I mean I hear you. I just don't get how the 2nd throwing td play happens if he can't throw, Or the 3rd and long dropped pass, or the play at the end of the game? Those were beautiful to me. The ones towards the sidelines were a little off. He created opportunities with his feet but failed to connect I agree. And the deep ball over the middle and on the edge were a hair off. BUT this is the second hand of the season against #11 in the country in their house... I thought he played a darn good game considering what we were expecting. I mean did our offense ever feel anemic??? I felt we were always a throw or broken tackle away.

The second TD was a rainbow, like I said. You'd have to be more specific on the others

There's no reason for it not to be a rainbow when the WR has nobody within 20yds of him. Just lay it out there for the kid and let him run.

True, but that wasn't my original point

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720
  • Days Won:  3

I saw some good things from the team today, but we still have a lot of room to improve.

The offense is one-dimensional. Willie needs to hand over play calling duties to someone else. Once again we suffer from lack of a true QB. Hope Bench gets a shot next week so we can at least see who is better before we start conference play.

Edited by Leviathan

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

Not a lawyer. Google it.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

The team from last year would have lost by 40+. Team looks better than last year.

Don't forget Michigan State and Maryland games. They looked good today but we have all seen this before.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Wow, I actually am encouraged for the first time since maybe 2010 with this team. QF is not great, but, the kid shows some promise. Remember, he is starting his 3rd game against FSU on the road. I don't think he was that much worse than BJD in a similar situation in 2009, except, the defense was stacked then and produced turnovers. We had a bottom 5 offense for 2 solid years and now all of the sudden you guys want to be able to score 20+ at will on the road? We never had a chance in that game without a +2 turnover margin.

What I saw was a team that didn't quit. Also, I was thrilled that CWT didn't play musical quarterbacks this game. QF is going to make plays. A couple of his throws were off. The pick, Dillon didn't get to the corner, the ball was thrown to a spot, TE didn't get there. The deep ball on the sideline that was over thrown was pretty well placed, DJ lost his footing just before the ball got there, he still would have had to dive, but, you cannot underthrow it there or it's a pick. He was way off on a couple of throws, but, it happens. So was Golston who has played for a national title.

2 or 3 big drops, the "targeting" penalty, and poor tackling (aided by an offensive line that has holding down to an art) are what doomed us in that game. But, realistically, without creating turnovers, we had zero chance of winning. It's been a long time, but, I was proud of my Bulls today. We have some playmakers, and played with extreme heart.

The question now is... will CWT let this be an emotional weight on our guys, crushing their spirit, or, will he figure out how to use this loss to light a fire that can help us through the rest of the season?

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

We don't know what we have yet

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

We don't know what we have yet

I know our defense is good, Cook is a beast didn't help missing two starters.

Our offense is still a question mark especially passing game.