• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I don't care what the scoreboard says...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  725
  • Days Won:  0

I'm still confused about the talk of the passing game. We knew from the beginning would kind of spread system this was going to be. A run type of spread, with screen passes. That is why Flowers is the starting QB. People actually think Bench would of done better? We have seen him play for 3 seasons. He has had a chance to start games and hasn't produced. Then he gets pulled and everyone complains about CWT switching QBs. Bench maybe more accurate then Flowers but he has no arm. Watch how much his throws flutter and lack of velocity he puts on them. He had one big gain from the TE last week that inflated his numbers. The same TE that just stood there and watched the FSU player make a pick. Say what you want about the throw but it was a jump ball that he didnt even try jumping for.

Bench has no arm? Seriously?  LOL  Bench maybe can't throw it 50 yards, but he throws the 20 yard seam route with far more velocity than Flowers does.  The one 15 to 20 yard pass that Flowers was on target drifted so slowly that a defender go over to tip it before it got to the receiver.  

I could almost live with QF being the QB if we have a lead.  But once we went down more than 7 points in this game, there wasn't any way in the world Flowers was going to bring us back.  Bench should be in there at the very least when we are behind.  The receivers were open, the passes weren't there.

I guess I was just seeing things when Bench would throw footballs into the dirt or flutter passes into the middle of the field and get intercepted. Must be his below 50% completion rate that inspires me with confidence.

I'm not saying Flowers is even an average QB. What I am saying is Bench is no better.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Overall, I agree with most of the posts in this thread.

Compared to the last four years the team played with passion and discipline.  Unfortunately the penalty against Augie was a bad one.  He is the captain of the defense, their play caller, and he was missed when he was ejected.  If I remember correctly we had two or three penalties overall.  A far cry from what we have had in the past.

The first half was a brawl and exciting to watch.

Considering what we have had the past few years, our defense has improved remarkably.  The offense still needs some work and QF needs to work on his throwing mechanics more.  His elusiveness though reminds me of BJ and Matt.

The main problem we had is having to deal with Cook.  He is a beast.  Without him in the game I think we would win (or have a decent chance at winning).  

I felt the defense played much better than in previous years and reminds me a little bit of the old USF teams.  DC Allen is a blessing.  I love watching him on the sidelines.  He reminds me a bit of Leavitt in his intensity.

I am beginning to look forward to this season now.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I'm still confused about the talk of the passing game. We knew from the beginning would kind of spread system this was going to be. A run type of spread, with screen passes. That is why Flowers is the starting QB. People actually think Bench would of done better? We have seen him play for 3 seasons. He has had a chance to start games and hasn't produced. Then he gets pulled and everyone complains about CWT switching QBs. Bench maybe more accurate then Flowers but he has no arm. Watch how much his throws flutter and lack of velocity he puts on them. He had one big gain from the TE last week that inflated his numbers. The same TE that just stood there and watched the FSU player make a pick. Say what you want about the throw but it was a jump ball that he didnt even try jumping for.

Bench has no arm? Seriously?  LOL  Bench maybe can't throw it 50 yards, but he throws the 20 yard seam route with far more velocity than Flowers does.  The one 15 to 20 yard pass that Flowers was on target drifted so slowly that a defender go over to tip it before it got to the receiver.  

I could almost live with QF being the QB if we have a lead.  But once we went down more than 7 points in this game, there wasn't any way in the world Flowers was going to bring us back.  Bench should be in there at the very least when we are behind.  The receivers were open, the passes weren't there.

I guess I was just seeing things when Bench would throw footballs into the dirt or flutter passes into the middle of the field and get intercepted. Must be his below 50% completion rate that inspires me with confidence.

I'm not saying Flowers is even an average QB. What I am saying is Bench is no better.

I saw the passes you are talking bout from QF, Bench has never had nearly the amounts of reps as QF but no one seems to remember this.  Even during the game today most on here were badmouthing QF and calling for SB because "QF couldn't hit the broad side of a barn."

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Flowers is more athletic.  You might be able to make an argument that he makes better decisions, though I think that is debateable at best. 

But if it isn't blindingly clear that Bench has a much better arm, well, there isn't much more we can discuss on this matter.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

The love for the Bench is strange here on thebullspen

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103
  • Days Won:  0

If aikens catches that ball in the 4th qtr on 3rd and 7 it's a totally different game. That drop was unacceptable. Hopefully that puts him at the end of the wr rotation.

Other than that considering we were down 2-4 lb's it was a great game by usf!

For once I can go about my Saturday without a disgusted feeling about my school!

Overall, I agree with most of the posts in this thread.

Compared to the last four years the team played with passion and discipline.  Unfortunately the penalty against Augie was a bad one.  He is the captain of the defense, their play caller, and he was missed when he was ejected.  If I remember correctly we had two or three penalties overall.  A far cry from what we have had in the past.

The first half was a brawl and exciting to watch.

Considering what we have had the past few years, our defense has improved remarkably.  The offense still needs some work and QF needs to work on his throwing mechanics more.  His elusiveness though reminds me of BJ and Matt.

The main problem we had is having to deal with Cook.  He is a beast.  Without him in the game I think we would win (or have a decent chance at winning).  

As I said above, losing Sanchez hurt.  He is the backbone of the defense.  The most senior lineman as well as captain of the defense.

I felt the defense played much better than in previous years and reminds me a little bit of the old USF teams.  DC Allen is a blessing.  I love watching him on the sidelines.  He reminds me a bit of Leavitt in his intensity.

I am beginning to look forward to this season now.

I'd be in favor right now of replacing CWT with Allen and letting Reaves and Kinnan run the offense.

If aikens catches that ball in the 4th qtr on 3rd and 7 it's a totally different game. That drop was unacceptable. Hopefully that puts him at the end of the wr rotation.

Other than that considering we were down 2-4 lb's it was a great game by usf!

For once I can go about my Saturday without a disgusted feeling about my school!

Aikens drops one, and you put him at the end of the wr rotation.  QF missed at least a half dozen wide open receivers, doesn't even get the ball close.  Where does that put him in the rotation?

The love for the Bench is strange here on thebullspen

Yeah, I can't imagine why anyone would want a QB that can throw the ball.  Crazy talk.