• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I don't care what the scoreboard says...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

The best part is where he pretended he didn't have his mind made up before those 3 things!

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

Overall, I agree with most of the posts in this thread.

Compared to the last four years the team played with passion and discipline.  Unfortunately the penalty against Augie was a bad one.  He is the captain of the defense, their play caller, and he was missed when he was ejected.  If I remember correctly we had two or three penalties overall.  A far cry from what we have had in the past.

The first half was a brawl and exciting to watch.

Considering what we have had the past few years, our defense has improved remarkably.  The offense still needs some work and QF needs to work on his throwing mechanics more.  His elusiveness though reminds me of BJ and Matt.

The main problem we had is having to deal with Cook.  He is a beast.  Without him in the game I think we would win (or have a decent chance at winning).  

As I said above, losing Sanchez hurt.  He is the backbone of the defense.  The most senior lineman as well as captain of the defense.

I felt the defense played much better than in previous years and reminds me a little bit of the old USF teams.  DC Allen is a blessing.  I love watching him on the sidelines.  He reminds me a bit of Leavitt in his intensity.

I am beginning to look forward to this season now.

I'd be in favor right now of replacing CWT with Allen and letting Reaves and Kinnan run the offense.

dos-equis-guy-meme-generator-amen-brothe

• Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Okay, lots of people lied...like several that said they wouldn't learn anything from the first two games. The score wasn't 51-3, and the noles were pretty darn lucky the score wasn't a lot closer IMO. We had momentum, we had Golson rattled, just couldn't get Cook under control and seal the deal. In the game of momentum, I feel like we were only 3-4 great opportunities away from breaking their will. So to me, if QF continues to improve, we will be very respectable in conference play...and Maryland should be worried.

There were a couple of times that their d looked gassed and we should have pressed. i was surprised by all the hands on the hips, especially right before the half. Our depth was much better than must on here were giving us credit for. Even without Harrie and Whitehurst.

We played most of the 4th quarter with Holman (R.fr.) and Danny Thomas (Fr.) at LB. Our depth isn't good enough to play the 3rd string.

Sure did. Thomas looked fantastic against the run too. Attacks the hole.

Shocked that Holman and Thomas were given a shot before Bayes. Not that I know anything about any of the 3's skills at this point, but to me it's not a good sign that he was not put in there over one of those guys..

There were definitely some signs of potential today, but if the outcome convinced you we were over the hump, then I know some people in downtown Clearwater who would love to show you a quick 40 minute informative video that could change your life.

Bigger crowd that's in our stadium...

DO6lwIc.jpg?1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

Okay, lots of people lied...like several that said they wouldn't learn anything from the first two games. The score wasn't 51-3, and the noles were pretty darn lucky the score wasn't a lot closer IMO. We had momentum, we had Golson rattled, just couldn't get Cook under control and seal the deal. In the game of momentum, I feel like we were only 3-4 great opportunities away from breaking their will. So to me, if QF continues to improve, we will be very respectable in conference play...and Maryland should be worried.

There were a couple of times that their d looked gassed and we should have pressed. i was surprised by all the hands on the hips, especially right before the half. Our depth was much better than must on here were giving us credit for. Even without Harrie and Whitehurst.

We played most of the 4th quarter with Holman (R.fr.) and Danny Thomas (Fr.) at LB. Our depth isn't good enough to play the 3rd string.

Shocked that Holman and Thomas were given a shot before Bayes. Not that I know anything about any of the 3's skills at this point, but to me it's not a good sign that he was not put in there over one of those guys..

Bayes doesn't play that position, does he?

QF is what he is.

See?  It isn't all negative.

Dare I ask....what is he ?

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Yeah, he plays Stinger not Mike

• Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah, he plays Stinger not Mike

Thomas/Holman were on the field together. Honestly don't know the defense that well but thought LB wise one is considered the Mike (strong side) and the other the stinger or weak side LB. Whoever was playing the Stinger over him was a lesser recruit in Holman or a true freshman. Not that I have an issue at all with this, loved what I saw from Thomas and Holman didn't look horrible. Just wondering if that's a bad sign moving forward for Bayes if he wasn't next in line being arguably our top recruit a few seasons ago.

If I am wrong can you please explain what the "Stinger" position in our 4-2-5 is? 

Edited by USFbulls24