• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why go to Bench so early?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

51-3. Go enjoy it and stop analyzing everything.

This

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

So this is type of season we are in for? We haven't had a big win in a while, and when we get one all people can do is *****? I think they were thinking the that they don't want FSU to have a lot of film on Flowers. If he is going to start that game, I think they want to try to keep him a surprise.

I'm not sure the oline can protect Bench. He was quickly sacked after coming in by FAMU. What would happen when you face a team with a better front 4? I think Flowers is there to scramble like a mo'fo.

"all people can do is /gripe/".  No need to be dramatic.  It's ok to love the good things & talk about things we don't feel so good about.  

I suppose it could be we didn't want FSU to see too much of Flowers, but I don't know if that matters, frankly.  He's a young QB, who now is a better runner than passer...so FSU's game plan is surely just to attack him & Mack, and make him throw against an excellent FSU secondary.

The beauty of these boards is that we can share opinions & see how other Bulls fans feel.  And...I never rule out the possibility that I'm wrong, and it's cool to be on a board full of folks not afraid of telling me when I might (or certain am) wrong.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Cause CWT hates Flowers.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Taggart said the decision was to put Bench in on the 2nd series of the 2nd half. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

I really don't understand it, I guess it was to pull him on a high note and also give FSU less film on what Flowers can or can't do.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Or, we were up a lot.  FAMU showed no signs of being able to do anything, and CWT wanted to get Bench the reps and reduce the chance of Flowers getting hurt.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

I thought Bench looked great. Flowers was okay. The team won by a lot and both QBs got lots of reps. Could not do it much better imo.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Q obviously struggles to throw the ball in the pocket. Why wouldn't we let Q air it out more before pulling him? Kinda seems like a missed opportunity if he's going to be the guy going into FSU next week.

That's about the only thing I didn't understand...

any coach who would keep Flowers in the pocket should be fired immediately.  he should always be on the move rolling pockets. nice to see Bench get some work. need to keep Flowers healthy.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

So this is type of season we are in for? We haven't had a big win in a while, and when we get one all people can do is *****? I think they were thinking the that they don't want FSU to have a lot of film on Flowers. If he is going to start that game, I think they want to try to keep him a surprise.

I'm not sure the oline can protect Bench. He was quickly sacked after coming in by FAMU. What would happen when you face a team with a better front 4? I think Flowers is there to scramble like a mo'fo.

"all people can do is /gripe/".  No need to be dramatic.  It's ok to love the good things & talk about things we don't feel so good about.  

I suppose it could be we didn't want FSU to see too much of Flowers, but I don't know if that matters, frankly.  He's a young QB, who now is a better runner than passer...so FSU's game plan is surely just to attack him & Mack, and make him throw against an excellent FSU secondary.

The beauty of these boards is that we can share opinions & see how other Bulls fans feel.  And...I never rule out the possibility that I'm wrong, and it's cool to be on a board full of folks not afraid of telling me when I might (or certain am) wrong.

Not trying to deter anyone from posting their opinion, but this kind of stuff reminds me of this:

http://southflorida.247sports.com/Board/59416/Contents/FAMU-vs-USF-GAME-THREAD-39180217

I respect other Bulls fans, just thought we could use a minute to let things soak in. You and I both know that this week the game and the decisions in the game will be scrutinized repeatedly by just about everyone on here (including me).

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,832
  • Days Won:  22

Flowers went 16 A 12 C for 141 yds 2 TDs 1 int. 75% completion

Bench went 10A 8 C for 140 yds 1 TD 0 int 80% completion

Please enjoy the fact that when was the last time we had a game in which TWO QBs completed 75% or more of their passes and three TDs EVEN when playing 1AA teams

Add to that

Flowers 7 carries 63 yds 1 TD

Bench 4 carries 20 yds 1 TD