• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why go to Bench so early?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,341
  • Content Count:  21,355
  • Days Won:  10

I am happy.  This week will be good.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Bench needed the time on the field, so he can rescue us next week after QF plays the first half.   :FIREdevil:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

The game was over and the FAMU defense was gassed. No reason not to get Bench the reps he did at that point. Designed runs with Flowers are going to be a big part of the offense and Bench has to be ready.

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

Fine with change. Blowout and no need to keep starting QB in and risk injury. Also gives Bench some reps. We need him in case of injury.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

Flowers went 16 A 12 C for 141 yds 2 TDs 1 int. 75% completion

Bench went 10A 8 C for 140 yds 1 TD 0 int 80% completion

Please enjoy the fact that when was the last time we had a game in which TWO QBs completed 75% or more of their passes and three TDs EVEN when playing 1AA teams

Add to that

Flowers 7 carries 63 yds 1 TD

Bench 4 carries 20 yds 1 TD

This! One QB is strong where the other QB is weaker. If both get used & we get these kind of results most of the time, I'm happy.

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

I think they aren't sure who's best at qb.. Flowers and incredible athlete, but i seriously don't believe the kid can even see in the pocket.. I actually prefer bench at qb, he gives us the opportunity to actually throw the ball also, u won't beat many teams just running the ball.. Watch Fsu load the box n man up on the outside, keep flowers in the pocket n u either have a short gain, loss of yards, or a pass just tossed up because he couldn't see over the linemen

^This. Heck I have been a SB proponent for a while and I still think it's difficult to say after watching that game. I def think QF did much than his start last year and had a great game. He also def needs some time to develop and that is maybe be the only reason I would give the edge to SB. If QF starts against FSU I won't be bothered, I think he earned it really. But I also think he will be exposed a bit in that game and SB will prove he is more ready at this moment to move the offense in this system and get the Ws we all want. I would continue to develop QF as the year progresses and get him in toward the later half of the season.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

So this is type of season we are in for? We haven't had a big win in a while, and when we get one all people can do is *****? I think they were thinking the that they don't want FSU to have a lot of film on Flowers. If he is going to start that game, I think they want to try to keep him a surprise.

I'm not sure the oline can protect Bench. He was quickly sacked after coming in by FAMU. What would happen when you face a team with a better front 4? I think Flowers is there to scramble like a mo'fo.

It's a message board. Haha.

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,413
  • Days Won:  13

Because QF is NOT a Div 1 QB.  Against better teams, he will struggle more and the offense will end up being as one-dimensional as it was in the first half.

My biggest concern was that FAMU didn't seem to fear the pass from QF, so they stacked the run.  Not 8 in the Box...but clearly more focused on the run.

It was game 1, so I'm reserving on this, but he won't get those scramble TDs v good teams (usually)...but he does show good balance & instincts when scrambling.  Watching Price & Johnson keep working to give him targets was refreshing, as that's been my knock on our WRs for years.  In fact, on one such scramble (maybe the TD), a WRs was waving his hand...while barely moving, and clearly covered.  Every one needs to spread out & keep working to give a troubled QB a target.

When they run just about every play, of course they stacked for the run.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

When they stacked, our offense sputtered a bit because we kept trying to run instead of open it up a bit.

That's the exact reason I would have left Flowers in if he's 'the guy'.

FSU will put 8 in the box and QF will have to use his arm to win.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

We kept trying to run inside when they stacked. When Mack went wide he had too much speed for them. Also Q handed off a few that he should have kept. First game. We're going to be run first all season.