• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Flowers is the Starter

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

That is one anticlimactic article. After stringing it out so long I sure hope we get some better info regarding the decision over the week.

Edited by Bull-Hornz

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

In two weeks we'll revisit this because I believe Quinton Flowers is about to go ham.  It's all about him now and I think he's going to rise to the occasion.  We're right on schedule. 

Guest PCBull14

In two weeks we'll revisit this because I believe Quinton Flowers is about to go ham.  It's all about him now and I think he's going to rise to the occasion.  We're right on schedule. 

This.

This offense is made for a guy like Flowers. He'll get it done, Coach T and JK stick around for quite awhile, and the program is restored. The crazy thing is bench can run this offense as well! We are in way better shape then people think. This program was built on guys like Flowers. Taggs promised him a shot at QB and here it is. Not many gave him a shot and that maybe what helps him become a star. Us against the world again baby!! 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,558
  • Days Won:  423

Not surprised, but guessing Taggart wants the best chance for a dynamic, big play QB...and to keep his promise to QF to get his shot at QB.

If there was such a promise, he's already kept it no matter who CWT picked to start the opener ...

I am looking forward to seeing something we haven't seen for 3 years ... designed qb runs as part of the offensive package ... regardless of which qb is in there ... THAT is USF football to me.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,253
  • Days Won:  1

Taggart will sink or swim off this decision. Hopefully it works out but we most likely won't see too many passes and we better hope we don't get in a huge hole or we won't get out of it. If we do not make a bowl game but beat ucf does Taggart get another year

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

USF Head Coach Willie Taggart has named sophomore Quinton Flowers (Miami) the Bulls’ starting quarterback for the season opener Sept. 5 vs. Florida A&M. That game kicks off at 7:00 p.m. in Raymond James Stadium and will be broadcast live on ESPN3 and the USF/IMG radio network.

Tells me what I thought all along.  No QB has been good enough to be named the starter.  I hope we don't start this week to week nonsense.  QF will get his shot to play QB; however, I doubt we will learn much from the FAMU game.     

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

This.

This offense is made for a guy like Flowers. He'll get it done, Coach T and JK stick around for quite awhile, and the program is restored. The crazy thing is bench can run this offense as well! We are in way better shape then people think. This program was built on guys like Flowers. Taggs promised him a shot at QB and here it is. Not many gave him a shot and that maybe what helps him become a star. Us against the world again baby!! 

+1.  Both came out of high school playing this type of offense.  There should have to be no drastic change in play calling from one to the other.

Taggart will sink or swim off this decision. Hopefully it works out but we most likely won't see too many passes and we better hope we don't get in a huge hole or we won't get out of it. If we do not make a bowl game but beat ucf does Taggart get another year

There is no set number of victories set as a goal.  A lot will depend on whether we show improvement.

That is one anticlimactic article. After stringing it out so long I sure hope we get some better info regarding the decision over the week.

"It was a close battle.  Both guys improved over the off season.  I have confidence in both QBs."  Or something along those lines.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Another thing to remember is that we are heavily featuring designed QB runs so Bench could be needed at the drop of a hat.  Unfortunately injuries happen, especially in a scheme where you open up your QB to take more hits.  Bench needs to stay frosty and be ready....