• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Flowers is the Starter

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  76
  • Days Won:  0

Great kid, I hope he's really ready too...  Go get 'em QF!

Edited by zerogbull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

This is the return of sandlot ball and I mean that in a good way.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,682
  • Days Won:  8

The future is now!

Flowers will take us to the promise land.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,682
  • Days Won:  8

We have started a lot of sophomores... Geothe, Daniels, Flowers... maybe this is a good sign then for Flowers.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Not surprising, but I still expect that we will see both play significant amounts this year. Flowers is a horrific passer and CWT has shown no ability to develop players, so my expectations are low for him. As the inevitable losses pile up and CWT gets little from the position I expect we'll see a quarterback carousel.

If that transpires, and it's definitely possible, I'd expect Flowers to transfer out after the season with the new head coach annointing Woulard as the quarterback of the future.

CWT's inability to recruit and/or coach up a quarterback in 3 years will ultimately doom this season and end his career at USF.

Thanks for that ray of sunshine. I was kinda waiting for BH to say something like.

I am just happy they didn't wait until the very last minute to do this. I hope this sticks for a couple of weeks, how can we develop players with no consistency?

Edited by HR Bull
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

Not surprising, but I still expect that we will see both play significant amounts this year. Flowers is a horrific passer and CWT has shown no ability to develop players, so my expectations are low for him. As the inevitable losses pile up and CWT gets little from the position I expect we'll see a quarterback carousel.

If that transpires, and it's definitely possible, I'd expect Flowers to transfer out after the season with the new head coach annointing Woulard as the quarterback of the future.

CWT's inability to recruit and/or coach up a quarterback in 3 years will ultimately doom this season and end his career at USF.

Thanks for that ray of sunshine. I was kinda waiting for BH to say something like.

I am just happy they didn't wait until the very last minute to do this. I hope this sticks for a couple of weeks, how can we develop players with no consistency?

It is a real dilemma for Tags this year.  If he leaves Q in no matter what to help him develop and we lose too many games, he is out of a job more than likely.  One thought that crossed my mind is that if you start Q and things don't work out you have a Senior to fall back on.  Reverse that scenario and how comfortable are bringing in the Soph?  It is obvious that the coaches had no clear cut choice.    

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Not surprised, but guessing Taggart wants the best chance for a dynamic, big play QB...and to keep his promise to QF to get his shot at QB.

I think we'll see plenty of Bench v FAMU, as I expect we jump out early on FAMU, possibly scoring on D and ST.  We haven't had a cupcake is so long, I forgot what it was like to get to cruise thru a stats fest without threat of losing.  If not for Mack's heroics v WCU last opener, Taggart's likely not our coach this year.

But enough about the past...2015 & onward!

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I'm not sure how I feel about this... there is just too much of an unknown here... I'll root my ass off for the kid, but I'm just concerned about his passing skills...